We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa to visit Ethiopia

Which Addis Ababa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuching
Visa to visit Ethiopia

Hi

I appreciate any advice on where to check for Visa requirements to visit Ethiopia (there is no embassy in my country). I intend to visit Addis Ababa for 3 days in Nov 2013 as a tourist (ie. not work related) and wonder if I need to apply for a visa. Thanks for any pointers.

addis ababa ethiopia
Destination Expert
for Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
reviews: 38
1. Re: Visa to visit Ethiopia

Dio we assume you have Malaysian citizenship??? I have been to Kuching - what a lovely city ?

suggestions

1. Try to contact your nearest Ethiopian Embassy - maybe Thailand ?

2. Look at the rules of the game.....eg on the website of the Eth Embassy in London.

Malaysia I am pretty sure is not on the list of nationalities who can get a visa on arrival here.

BUT some Eth govt stuff says that in addition to the 37 countries listed.....people from a country with no Eth Embassy can get visa on arrival....BUT I would not risk it unless you get that confirmed in an e mail from London or \Bangkok Embassy.

Kuching
2. Re: Visa to visit Ethiopia

Thanks for your prompt advice.

I was initially told there is no Ethiopia Embassy in Kuala Lumpur but I have since found there is a Consulate. So I will contact them for help.

Sorry about my mistake. ;-)

3. Re: Visa to visit Ethiopia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:39 am, October 03, 2014