We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Sky Ethiopia Tour and Travel

Which Addis Ababa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Blue Sky Ethiopia Tour and Travel

My wife and I recently took a vacation in Ethiopia.

We travelled independently but purchased our domestic flights through Blue Sky Ethiopia Tour and Travel.

I would thoroughly recommend this company. They promptly replied to all my emails and were incredibly helpful. Buying the domestic flights through them saved me A LOT of money!

Most importantly, they were more than happy to book the tickets even though I wasn't taking a tour with them (i never had a reply from other opertors).

The tickets were delivered to my hotel in Addis (I paid cash on collection). They also arranged a mobile sim card with credit for another $10.

I'm very happy with their service. A++

28 replies to this topic
Johannesburg, South...
reviews: 30
11. Re: Blue Sky Ethiopia Tour and Travel

yes, Yared is wonderful. He arranged everything and I really enjoyed the trip. We went to Yirga Cheffe to see the coffee, not the usual stuff, and it was exactly how we wanted. He met us at beginning and end. We picked Blue Sky (aka 13 Suns) because of this thread - thank you! we paid a deposit by western union and it worked fine.

Margate...
reviews: 14
12. Re: Blue Sky Ethiopia Tour and Travel

Hello

I am trying to book a tour with Yared at Blue Skye Ethiopia Tours, and it seems like a great tour, but he doesn't seem to e able to send me an invoice or anything official (besides emails) to confirm that our tour is booked. I need the invoice in order to do a fast money transfer (western union) for the deposit - I was wondering how other people had managed to do the deposit payments.

Any feedback would be welcome

Gelnhausen
13. Re: Blue Sky Ethiopia Tour and Travel

We ( a German family - parents+adult daughter ) just returned from a 5 weeks roundtrip to Ethiopia. (march/april 2013 - classical tour+Harrar+Omo Valley). Jared (BLUE SKY TRAVELS) promptly replied to all our e-mails, organized our hotel in Addis and a car plus driver for the trip. The car was comfortable, the driver "Joel/Mursi" experienced and a pleasant companion. We can highly recommend Jared and"Blue Sky Travels".

Columbia, Maryland
reviews: 30
14. Re: Blue Sky Ethiopia Tour and Travel

I made an eight day solo tour of Northern Ethiopia in March/April and thanks to Jared (Blue Sky Ethiopia) it was one of my best trips ever. He purchased the domestic plane tickets, booked great hotels, arranged all transfers and guides in 5 locations. Everything went smoothly, safely, absolutely hassle free, very professionally done. The communications prior the trip were excellent - he showed remarkable patience with all questions and worries as it was my first trip to Africa. Thanks to him I came from my African debut with so much new knowledge, experience, love to Ethiopia and her people, and strong desire to go back and explore more (with his help, of course). Everybody, who wants to have a great trip to Ethiopia, could fully trust Blue Sky Ethiopia.

Margate...
reviews: 14
15. Re: Blue Sky Ethiopia Tour and Travel

We had a wonderful 8 day tour of Ethiopia with Blue Sky Ethiopia Tours; it exceeded our expectations in every way. Initially I was a bit skeptical of a trip to Ethiopia, but Blue Skye has outdone itself in every aspect, and we were able to sit back and relax, enjoying the sights while all the details were taken care of. The service delivery was excellent, and we really were made to feel like VIP’s…

Everything was very well organized, and ran so smoothly. Each day as we flew or drove to the next town, a new guide met us. All the guides were punctual, professional and knowledgeable. It was great to have a guide that was local to that specific area, as he has good insight into the area and the history was personal to him. All the guides spoke good English, and were able to answer our questions.

The hotels booked by Blue Sky were also much better than expected. They were all clean, comfortable and well situated. It was also nice not to have to worry about money. Everything from meals, air tickets, vehicle hire and entrance fees were included in the price, so the only thing we had to worry about was buying our souvenirs.

We were able to personalise our tour, there were only the 3 of us (my brother, sister and I) on the tour, and as a result we had great flexibility and added and changed our itinerary as we wanted to suit our needs. It didnt have the restrictions of a large tour group. The sights that we visited were all fantastic, The combination of nature (lake tana, blue nile falls and simien mountains) and history/cultural sites gave the tour good balance.

Well done on an excellent tour. I can highly recommend Blue Sky to anyone who is looking to travel in Ethiopia.

Bangkok, Thailand
reviews: 374
16. Re: Blue Sky Ethiopia Tour and Travel

I can't believe this is the same agency that I dealt with. I emailed them before my trip and then got a very late reply which ignored most of my questions, was absent of any essential/specific details, and quoted an outrageious price of $3,000 for a 4-day tour. My follow-up emails requeting more specific information were also ignored and/or replied to once again with any hellpful answers.

I ended up contacting five other agencies, all of whom quoted between $800 to $1500 for the same trip. We ended up using Oumer Seid of Host Ethiopia Tour, who was not only one of the cheaper options, but was also very prompt and specific in his replies during the planning stage. We were extremely happy with the service he provided.

I recommend checking with several operators and request specific information about the itinerary and what's included. It's better to get a price that does not include hotel or meals, so that you have the freedom to choose what suits you in each location. But you definitely should ask for a price that does include entry fees and local guides, security fees, etc.

Oumer's number is +251 911 468 110 and email Info@HostEthiopiaTour.com

Another operator who I was impressed during our planning was George from Exciting Tour. He was very quick to respond and also gave us a good price.. His number is 251 911 118 120 and email George@ExcitingEthiopiaTours.com.

Wroclaw, Poland
reviews: 4
17. Re: Blue Sky Ethiopia Tour and Travel

It is not only Yared, who does the magic - its the people he works with that made my trip a lifetime experience. Choosing right people requires knowledge and skills, and that is why I would recommend Yared and Blue Sky Ethiopia!

In may case it all started with quick response to my emails and patient answers to my questions. Everything in English, not "iinnngliss", and those who were trying to arrange something in Asia know what I mean. I was really positively surprised how easily I could get my vacation organized at fair price.

Yared met me at the airport, we signed papers, and off we go, driving the same day from Addis to Arba Minch and further south (10 days). Our driver, Messai was a great man, taking care of us wherever we went. Of course, when driving south there is no big choice on bars and hotels,

but we never felt any kind of pressure from his side - we always asked what options do we have, and Messai always proposed low, middle and hight budget options. Two or three times we checked with other travelers, and appeared that when eg Messai said that there are water shortages at given hotel, it was true.

Many times we met other travellers and heard horror stories on their drivers - for example :

Belgian couple - their driver was taking some mursi hitchikers to nearest town and they had to pay to driver (even though that couple already payed for exclusive jeep)

some norwegians, who paid for a car + fuel, but whenever they have asked to go and see someting not on the itinerary driver was asking them to pay hundreds of dollars.

This is not the case with Yared's drivers - you pay only for the car and then for all the fuel you use. Driver is there when you need him, and gone when do not.

Sometimes Messai was almost like our papa shouting on guys that sold me mineral water for 16 birra (fair price is 13 :).

We had full trust to Yared and his people, from very beginning to very end, and I will definetly come back to him!

Derby, United...
reviews: 1
18. Re: Blue Sky Ethiopia Tour and Travel

I also had a great trip with Yared from Blue Sky Tours. He personally arranged a bespoke day trip for me from Addis, taking in various sights including the Portuguese Bridge and waterfall as well as Debre Libanos monastery. The guide he supplied, Getenete, was a font of knowledge on Ethiopian history and they were gracious enough to buy me lunch which was not included in the original price.

What was more impressive though was that I originally asked Yared for a far more complex itinerary. He was completely honest and advised that what I was suggesting would be very expensive for a solo traveller. I had no idea, and a less honest guide could well have made some serious money from me. For this alone he deserves praise.

Finally, on a more general point, I should have taken Yared's advice and booked my internal flights through an Ethiopian tour guide. These guys have access to offers from Ethiopian Airlines that are not available online or to foreign travel agents. Lesson learnt.

Trivandrum, India
19. Re: Blue Sky Ethiopia Tour and Travel

I highly recommend to use Blue Sky Ethiopia Tour of Mr. Yared. I booked my domestic airfares in Ethiopia and a hotel in Bahir Dar through his agency and it was a very nice experience. Mr. Yared always responded very quickly, did an amazing job and is in every aspect totally reliable. I was quite impressed with the bookings and offers he made !

20. Re: Blue Sky Ethiopia Tour and Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:33 pm, October 21, 2013
Edited: 12:33 pm, October 21, 2013

Reply to: Blue Sky Ethiopia Tour and Travel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted