We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Sky Ethiopia Tour and Travel

Which Addis Ababa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Blue Sky Ethiopia Tour and Travel

My wife and I recently took a vacation in Ethiopia.

We travelled independently but purchased our domestic flights through Blue Sky Ethiopia Tour and Travel.

I would thoroughly recommend this company. They promptly replied to all my emails and were incredibly helpful. Buying the domestic flights through them saved me A LOT of money!

Most importantly, they were more than happy to book the tickets even though I wasn't taking a tour with them (i never had a reply from other opertors).

The tickets were delivered to my hotel in Addis (I paid cash on collection). They also arranged a mobile sim card with credit for another $10.

I'm very happy with their service. A++

29 replies to this topic
London, United...
1. Re: Blue Sky Ethiopia Tour and Travel

Hi there

thanks for the tip. Is their website

www.blueskyethiopia.com/

I'm going there in 2 weeks time and would like to book cheap domestic flights with them

Many thanks for your advice

Best

j.etchart

RAK
reviews: 1
2. Re: Blue Sky Ethiopia Tour and Travel

Myself and my husband recently visited Ethiopia. Mr Yared at Blue Sky Travel organised the trip for us, around the Northern historical route. I would thoroughly recommend his company. He replied promptly (bearing in mind the internet in Ethiopia) the booking and deposit process was problem free and the trip itself was excellent.

New Haven...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Blue Sky Ethiopia Tour and Travel

I recently did a tour to Bahir Dar through Blue Sky Ethiopia and was very pleased! All the people we dealt with were very nice. I booked it through a gentleman named Yared, who was wonderful. Our tour guides in Bahir Dar were Tigitsu and Yeshiwas with Tanqua Tours, a sister company. We liked them so much that I consider them friends. Blue Sky was willing to accomodate us however and the trip was very personalizable. You can have as little or as much involvement with tour guides as you like. We were the only two customers on our trip and the pricing was very reasonable. We had a wonderful time. I highly recommend Blue Sky Ethiopia!

Addis Ababa...
reviews: 97
4. Re: Blue Sky Ethiopia Tour and Travel

Just took a day trip around around Addis with Blue Sky and it was perfect. Our guide knew huge amounts of Ethiopian history and was very helpful in explaining the current cultural and political side of Ethiopia. No question was too stupid! I can thoroughly recommend Blue Sky.

Kent UK
reviews: 31
5. Re: Blue Sky Ethiopia Tour and Travel

Thanks for your post - I have been trying to find an agency who does internal/domestic flights.

But no answers!!!!

Cheers

C in Kent uk

Hohenhaslach
6. Re: Blue Sky Ethiopia Tour and Travel

In the beginning of November 2012 my sister, my husband and I spent 2 weeks in Ethiopia planned by Blue Sky Ethiopia. It was a very interesting and eventful trip. Yared and his team of guides and drivers did an excellent job for a really low budget. Thank you Jared for many wonderful impressions and unforgetable experiences!

Hildegard Odenthal, Germany

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 32
7. Re: Blue Sky Ethiopia Tour and Travel

Just want to add to the positive comment regarding Blue Sky Ethiopia.

Visited Ethiopia in January 2012, and needed to get some domestic air tickets. On advice from several travel fora I contacted Blue Sky to buy the tickets in Ethiopia, as these rates are about half of what you would pay when buying from abroad.

Yared was great in helping us and sorting the tickets. Communication was excellent, as was his flexibility in meeting us in Addis at our hotel.

I would recommend Blue Sky and Yared to any traveller to Ethiopia!

Braunschweig...
8. Re: Blue Sky Ethiopia Tour and Travel

My greetings to all who visited ethiopia by organisation of blueskye, Yared and his team. It was really great for my sister, her husband and me. Don't forget to do not only the northern historical tour but visit Harar, too!

Bernhardine Bahri

Bristol
reviews: 167
9. Re: Blue Sky Ethiopia Tour and Travel

I would also like to recomend blue sky ethiopia for booking domestic flights. Just got my ticket yesterday. I payed by western union and they charged me a $10 admin fee. emails answered promptly and everything as planned. thank you Yared.

Abu Dhabi, United...
reviews: 27
10. Re: Blue Sky Ethiopia Tour and Travel

Hi, I'd like to chime in with a positive review for Yared! After not receiving responses from other tour companies, Yared, who started Blue Sky several years ago after working in the tourism industry for 10 years, was quick to respond and really flexible with our changing schedule. He set up a great tour and has a wonderful group of guides that he works with. We did 3 days in Gondar (Goha hotel, Simien Park, castles), 3 days in Bahir Dar (Kuriftu), and one afternoon in Addis (Desalign). Had a fantastic time, and were really happy to not worry about any of our plans or transfers.

Reply to: Blue Sky Ethiopia Tour and Travel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted