We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Danakil Depression

Which Addis Ababa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
isa
Danakil Depression

Has anyone been to the Danakil Depression? Is it worth doing and how long does it take to get there from the closest town? I presume you cannot do it in one day so do you camp overnight? What are the camping conditions like in October?

Thank you

Treviso, Italy
reviews: 2
1. Re: Danakil Depression

Hi taquiri

It is one of the must see attraction in Ethiopia, it is more than worth But at this time I don't suggest you to go this region because of the security problems that Ethiopia has with Eritrea. Perhaps when is the moment you should see it. But this time it is not advisable to this area.

Nice trip and stay,

T:E.

isa
2. Re: Danakil Depression

T.E., Thank you for your warning.

Treviso, Italy
reviews: 2
3. Re: Danakil Depression

Anytime,

If you need any information concerning Ethiopian Tourism, Hotel and any other Happy to help.

T.E.

Addis Ababa...
4. Re: Danakil Depression

Danakil Depression is worth than any adventured attraction in this world best hot spring of Sulfur at night you don’t imagine the color combination which you view. You should have at list 10 days and you the safe camping area, for sightseeing you walk at night with guide and scout. Currently we working on it and forget about the problem of security it is a dead History war of Ethio- Eritrea.

Seeing is believing I will load the picture of it's you can lookt he wonderful pictures of Danakil Depression, Ertel, Dallo, etc

isa
5. Re: Danakil Depression

Thank you for your response. Due to insufficient time and the security issues I will have to leave it for another time.

6. Re: Danakil Depression

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 18, 2010