We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa

Coventry, England...
visa

We are arriving in Cape Verde on a cruise ship. Does anyone know if a visa can be obtained at the port? Thanks in anticipation.

6 replies to this topic
1. Re: visa

Tourist Visa will be available on arrival.

They cost €25 per person

You can obtain these prior to arrival with a visa company, however you will pay anywhere up to £100 per person, if you are traveling with Thompson/TUI they will usually arrange the visa for you, including the cost as part of your package.

Coventry, England...
2. Re: visa

Thank you

Santa Maria
Destination Expert
for Cape Verde
reviews: 1
3. Re: visa

Bernie, the two main places where yachts arrive in CV are Mindelo (Sao Vicente) & Palmeira (Sal). If you are arriving at either of these the port authorities are well used to processing papers at the port. I don't think you will have a problem, but isn't the cruise company taking care of that for you?

Coventry, England...
4. Re: visa

Thank you. No, in fact the cruise company (Seabourn) specifically says that it is my responsibility to ensure that I have all necessary visas for the countries to be visited.

Brighton, United...
reviews: 28
5. Re: visa

Hi. I assume you're on The Quest from Barcelona in less than two weeks time. Me too, and I have been researching visas. The only doubt in my mind was Cape Verde but many people here say that the cruise company will organise them on arrival. Also, as further reassurance, I found this page from the Seabourn website cibtvisas.co.uk/tourkits.php… which lists all cruises that need a visa, and this one isn't listed. So I am pretty relaxed.......although not 100%

And if all else fails, we'll all be clapped in irons for the duration of the stop over!

Coventry, England...
6. Re: visa

Thank you. Nice to hear from a fellow traveller. Like you we came to the conclusion that probably we did not need to make advance arrangements for Cape Verde. See you in the brig.

Reply to: visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted