We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Verde is introducing a new tourist tax

Which Cape Verde hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
notts
Cape Verde is introducing a new tourist tax

the government of Cape Verde is introducing a new tourist tax which comes in to force from the 1st May 2013 and applies to all travellers aged 16 years and over. The tourist tax is €2 per person per night and is up to a maximum of €20 per person per stay,

Santa Maria
Destination Expert
for Cape Verde
reviews: 1
11. Re: Cape Verde is introducing a new tourist tax

@herringhammer you will not have to pay the tax if you are in an apartment. at the moment the tax is only collected by the hotels, so self catering tourists aren't paying. probably a loophole that will close sooner or later!

Newcastle upon Tyne...
reviews: 42
12. Re: Cape Verde is introducing a new tourist tax

I think the tourist tax is completely fair. Other countries ask for visa' s charged at a much higher rate & the government of Cape Verde are using the money to actually HELP tourists by building better facilities/putting money back into the Islands etc.If you don't like it then don't go, simple as that. I think you'll find that loads of other people WILL go & that Cape Verde in a few years time will be a HUGE holiday destination.

Letchworth, United...
13. Re: Cape Verde is introducing a new tourist tax

Myself and my partner are looking forward to our stay in Cape Verde in Feb 2014 and have been reading some of these comments with amusement, we are going as Cape Verde DOES NOT HAVE water parks, it DOES NOT HAVE golf courses, hopefully there wont be lots of little spoilt brats screaming their heads off and running about like headless chickens.

If it means that we can have a peaceful getaway from it all holiday we are both willing to pay £5 or the euro equivalent, after all the reason people want to go to these islands is because they are unspoilt, untouched beautiful places to visit.

If you want golf go to Spain or Portugal if you want water parks then you have a choice worldwide.

Please do not try to change a place or moan about a 'tax' which is helping an up and coming holiday destination, a lot of places have already been spoilt by these places lets not ruin another

14. Re: Cape Verde is introducing a new tourist tax

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 19, 2015