We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Cameroon

Which Yaounde hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
reviews: 18
Christmas in Cameroon

Any advice on how to fly to Cameroon from Boston? I have 2 weeks available and just need general advice on airlines, days when flights can go in and out. Having trouble using the airline's sites.

7 replies to this topic
Kinshasa...
reviews: 66
1. Re: Christmas in Cameroon

All airlines go through Europe to get to Cameroon. It's expensive and a long trip. I would advise Brussels or Turkish. You'll have to do the research on their websites as they don't fly every day. Do you want to go to Douala or Yaounde, because that will make a difference. Why Cameroon, do you have friends here? I love it here, but it's not a tourist destination unless you know someone to show you around.

San Francisco...
2. Re: Christmas in Cameroon

Hi Glenn: Thanks for your advice! I am going to visit friends who are in the Peace Corps. I did end up booking a flight that goes through Turkey and back through Brussels. And I've received some other advice from former Peace Corps volunteers on what to see etc. If you have any other tips, I would welcome those too. Many thanks, M

Buea
3. Re: Christmas in Cameroon

hello munica

i think that you can ask to those you want to visit how have they travel to reach in Cameroon. In december you will enjoy very nice moment in Yaounde and Douala.

Gllen how can you said that yaoundé or douala are not nice for tourist. Have you visit these toawn already. I can direct you through many nice place to enjoy or visit.

have a nice day

Kinshasa...
4. Re: Christmas in Cameroon

Marc, if you'll read what I wrote, you'll say that I said it's not a tourist destination unless one knows someone to show them around. Yes, I've lived here for years and seen many beautiful sights. But, like I said, it's not a tourist destination for someone just showing up and expecting a network set up for tourists.

Kinshasa...
5. Re: Christmas in Cameroon

Hi Monica, I would love to give you any advice I can. What you can see here is so varied that it's difficult to give advice. If you're looking for a big game safari adventure, this isn't the country. It's a beautiful country, but I'll stay with the original point I made - it's not a tourist destination. I love third world, sitting around in dirty, crappy little bars drinking beer and chatting with friends and the wonderful Cameroonians, looking at the beautiful forest, jungle, rainstorms, etc.

Isle of Wight
reviews: 1
6. Re: Christmas in Cameroon

Hi

I'm hoping to get a response from Glenn F - a european living in cameroon.

Thanks

Linda

San Francisco...
7. Re: Christmas in Cameroon

I just returned from my trip to Cameroon and had a wonderful Christmas / New Year's there. However, I did not enjoy Douala. My favorite places were much smaller towns, far out of the urban center. Saw wonderful waterfalls, met terrific people, and am very impressed by the overall country. Would love to go back! Contact me if you want any further advice.

Reply to: Christmas in Cameroon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Yaounde
Recent Conversations