We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Africa Travel Co - reviews

London, United...
Africa Travel Co - reviews

Hi there,

I know this has been asked various times before, but I can't see any recent reviews (i.e. within the last year), so I'm asking again!

We are thinking of doing the Cape Town to Vic Falls Tour (Southern Sun) and wanted to know, if anyone has done it, and reviews on it, and/or mainly whether you have any reviews on this company at all?

Thanks!

Luci

Somerset West...
1. Re: Africa Travel Co - reviews

Africa Travel Co is a great overland company to travel with. They run decend trips have well maintained vehicles. The food is excellent - considering it is done by the campfire. At the end of the day it all about what you make of the trip. Good positive attitude and a sense of humor is always handy.

The Southern Sun is extremely popular and good to experience the highlights of Namibia, Botswana and Vic Falls.

Pretoria, South...
reviews: 11
2. Re: Africa Travel Co - reviews

Hi overlandafricaweb,

Maybe you'd like to provide some credentials or background to your post, seeing that this is your first post on any TA forum.

Otherwise, this might look to many like self-advertising, particularly seeing that this thread is 3 weeks old..

Edited: 7:31 am, February 09, 2011
Somerset West...
3. Re: Africa Travel Co - reviews

Hallo Bushkid

The post might be 3 weeks old, but no one answered it yet?

I gave my personal opinion. Was a overland guide a few years ago - not with ATC though. As you know there is various overland companies doing the Cape to Vic route each having their own special feature. No matter who you choose to go with, it is all about you what you make of it and putting things in perspective, meaning not expecting gourmet meals when only a campfire is available - although more crew can make very tasty meals.

Pretoria, South...
reviews: 11
4. Re: Africa Travel Co - reviews

Thanks overlandafricanet,

Appreciate the explanation. I too used to be an overland guide on that specific trip (also not ATC), and it's a route I feel very passionate about.

Sorry for questioning your credentials. It helps us forumites know where you're coming from.

Welcome to TA!

Ettalong Beach...
reviews: 18
5. Re: Africa Travel Co - reviews

Hi

I have been desparate for recent reviews they are very limited and I have research loads! I had wanted to go with Africa in Focus they are the 'business class' of overland tours but obviously cost more. Unfortunately my dates dont match up with them so my next best choice is ATO. I plan to book with them for the same trip as you in June - maybe we will cross paths!

Wayzata, Minnesota
reviews: 17
6. Re: Africa Travel Co - reviews

I can highly endorse Jenman safaris. I know the owner, Garth Jenman, as I have met him in Africa and at my office in the States. I have sent at least ten clients on his trips over the years with great results.

Sunway is also a good outfit I have used them for clients in the past that were personal friends of mine.

Overall, we are not too involved in the overland market as the margins are not profitable for US based operators given our overhead. But, these companies have been good when we used them

Craig Beal - owner - Travel Beyond

Majorca, Spain
7. Re: Africa Travel Co - reviews

This message is just to let you know about the unpolite behaviour of some of the staff of Africatravelco. We were not clients of africatravelco, just independent travellers.

We were in Mozambique, Tofo, Bamboozi lodge the day 2 Augost 2011. While cooking dinner in a shared kitchen we had to hear farts and rude comments of two of the workers of the truck. They were two young black persons behaving like children.

Totally disgusting, they need some training in citizenship before going out.

Thank you.

8. Re: Africa Travel Co - reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, October 10, 2012