We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visas and hotel accommodation

Which Luanda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Africa
reviews: 123
Visas and hotel accommodation

Can anyone out there please tell me how does one get a hotel booking to enable one to get a visa? also any suggestions how to get a holiday visa when one holds a South African passport?

Luanda, Angola
reviews: 3
1. Re: Visas and hotel accommodation

Hi there, you will need more than a hotel res to get an Angolan visa (which are very difficult to get these days..).

With regards to the visa letter, unfortunately we (Eco Tur) are only authorised to issue visa invitation letters to genuine bona fide and paid up tourism customers of ours and we are not prepared to risk contravening these guidelines.

As a heads up, you may, or may not be aware that Luanda is in fact officially THE most expensive place in the WORLD (not even just in Africa...!) , so the costs are high (see the following recent links)-

…yahoo.com/promo/the-most-expensive-cities-i… news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8094873.stm …reuters.com/article/… and citymayors.com/statistics/expensive-cities-w…

Paul www.eco-tur.com

South Africa
2. Re: Visas and hotel accommodation

Thank you for the reply. i have already gone the invitation route and still not managed to get a visa. do you think i might be able to get one should i book thro you>

South Africa
3. Re: Visas and hotel accommodation

Hi there again I am a bona fide visitor to Luanda and need a visa for a four night trip. my husband works in Luanda and is doing a three month stretch this time, his last stint in Luanda before relocation to Mozambique. Could anyone be of assitance so i can visit him over the Christmas holiday. ps i know it is expensive.

Luanda, Angola
4. Re: Visas and hotel accommodation

His company should be able to help you out.

Rgds Paul paul@eco-tur.com

Luanda, Angola
5. Re: Visas and hotel accommodation

Luanda, Angola
6. Re: Visas and hotel accommodation

johannesburg
7. Re: Visas and hotel accommodation

I am a filmmaker, and our company has been asked to create a production which requires filming in and around Luanda. I have an American passport, and the other 3 members of my crew have South African ones. I do not have confirmed dates for our travel right now, but it sounds like it can be difficult to get visas... can you advise me please? I am based in Johannesburg RSA.

thanks very much

Katharine Reynolds-Gillard

kitrey@iafrica.com

13 April 2010

Luanda, Angola
8. Re: Visas and hotel accommodation

Hi there, I wil email you directly

Paul

paul@eco-tur.com

www.eco-tur.com

9. Re: Visas and hotel accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 11, 2010