We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driver's Licenses; Cartas de Condução

Lisboa
Driver's Licenses; Cartas de Condução

Hello,

I need some help from someone living in Angola to talk about Driver's Licenses; how long does it take to get one? Please reply.

Olá,

Preciso de ajuda de alguém que viva em Angola para falar sobre Cartas de Condução; quanto tempo demora a obter uma?

Luanda
1. Re: Driver's Licenses; Cartas de Condução

Hi

Your allowed to drive on your foreign drivers license for up to three months officially, I applied for an Angolan license when i arrived here and was told it would take up to 3 months, 7 months later i still do not have it. Best thing is to get an international drivers license to go along with your national license and when the police stop you slip in a couple of thousand kwanza, thats how it works here. But whatever you do DONT let them take any documents away, you will never see them again.

Best of luck

2. Re: Driver's Licenses; Cartas de Condução

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, September 07, 2009