We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lone Student Needs Advice

Which Victoria Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Lone Student Needs Advice

Hi Everyone,

I'm a medical student from the UK working in Zambia for a month. I haven't had time to prepare a trip to Victoria Falls in advance and although I desperately want to do this, I will need to sort out any trip once there now. At present I wont be travelling with anyone, as I dont know anyone where im working, so will most likely go alone Could anyone please advise where I should start, any tour recommended tour companies to go through etc.? I am going to be based in Lusaka and at best will have 4 days off, at worst only a weekend.

Any help or advice I can get would be most appreciated.

Thank you all!

Edited: 12:28 am, July 19, 2013
Victoria Falls...
reviews: 3
1. Re: Lone Student Needs Advice

I think 4 days will be enough to Victoria falls if you not including driving from Lusaka to Livingstone but they is a lot to do. The first thing you want to do is to see the Victoria falls and followed by Sunset cruise above the falls. The next couple of days can do things like rafting, elephant ride, walk with lions, helicopter flight and I will recommend you have atleast a day to visit the Chobe national park in Botswana its only 1 hr drive from Vic falls, this is one of the best safaris you can do in southern Africa. Accommodation I will recommend the www.vicfallsrestcamp.com and activities will be www.vicfallsactivities.net ask for student rates as some companies do offer that.

Philani Moyo Owner and Director Shockwave Adventures

2. Re: Lone Student Needs Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 21, 2014