We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Afternoon tea & cakes at Victoria Falls Hotel?

Which Victoria Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kalix, Sweden
Level Contributor
683 posts
33 reviews
Afternoon tea & cakes at Victoria Falls Hotel?

We`ve heard about the famous "Afternoon tea & cake stand tower" at the Victoria Falls Hotel and we`d love to come and visit! When exactly (what times of day) do they serve this famous high tea & cakes/sandwiches?

We`re not staying at this particular hotel, can we still visit for afternoon tea/cakes? Do we have to book this in advance or just show up?

Wiltshire, UK
Level Contributor
236 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: Afternoon tea & cakes at Victoria Falls Hotel?

You've asked exactly the question I was about to ask! The hotel was full when we wanted to stay so we're booked at the Ilala Lodge, but would love to have the afternoon tea at the Victoria Falls Hotel.

As we only have one day when we could do this, I would also like to pre-book and perhaps someone would tell me the current price please?

Victoria Falls...
Destination Expert
for Victoria Falls
Level Contributor
641 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Afternoon tea & cakes at Victoria Falls Hotel?

High Tea is served on the Stanley terrace at Vic Falls Hotel from 3pm to 5.30pm. Booking is not required just show up, find a table and order. The current price is $30 and this serves up to 4 people.

Wiltshire, UK
Level Contributor
236 posts
32 reviews
3. Re: Afternoon tea & cakes at Victoria Falls Hotel?

Many thanks for your reply.

Kalix, Sweden
Level Contributor
683 posts
33 reviews
4. Re: Afternoon tea & cakes at Victoria Falls Hotel?

Thank you! :-)

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13 posts
19 reviews
5. Re: Afternoon tea & cakes at Victoria Falls Hotel?

The high tea is not to be missed. We had it both days we stayed at the hotel and it is a true delight. They serve tea sandwiches (veggie, chicken, ham), scones with butter and jam and then a sampling of cakes. They have a wide variety of tea selections so be sure to ask.

Kalix, Sweden
Level Contributor
683 posts
33 reviews
6. Re: Afternoon tea & cakes at Victoria Falls Hotel?

Thanks Terpchica3 for sharing your experiences! :-)

We look forward having tea & cakes at Vic Falls Hotel!

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
119 reviews
7. Re: Afternoon tea & cakes at Victoria Falls Hotel?

And staying at the hotel is not required to enjoy meals at the Hotel.

Kalix, Sweden
Level Contributor
683 posts
33 reviews
8. Re: Afternoon tea & cakes at Victoria Falls Hotel?

Thanks BornVivant! That`s good to know!

We`ve just read that Vic Falls Hotel has a "private path" directly to the Falls entrance gate, which sounds very practical, as we`re thinking of visiting the Falls after tea&cakes anyway, so I assume we can use that path, too? (even if we are not staying at the hotel)

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
119 reviews
9. Re: Afternoon tea & cakes at Victoria Falls Hotel?

I'm sure you could as the grounds are quite open to visitors. When I stayed there we were picked up in a car as we'd arranged a guide (totally unnecessary) so I didn't use this. Definitely from Stanley Terrace if you walk all the way to the end of the grounds you get a view of the bridge between Zim and Zam, and you will definitely see the "smoke that thunders"!

Victoria Falls...
Destination Expert
for Victoria Falls
Level Contributor
641 posts
2 reviews
10. Re: Afternoon tea & cakes at Victoria Falls Hotel?

Yes, you have been a guest of VFH by having tea there, no one is going to stop you using the path, the gate to the path opens from 6am to 6pm (maybe 6.30pm)

Edited: 9:49 am, February 16, 2013