We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best places to stay for a trip to Victoria Falls?

Which Victoria Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
reviews: 65
Best places to stay for a trip to Victoria Falls?

I'm looking to stay somewhere near to Victoria Falls or a commutable distance for 2-3 nights and looking for good suggestions from your travels. Do you recommend this much time in that area? Any advice on your experiences are appreciated.

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
reviews: 1
1. Re: Best places to stay for a trip to Victoria Falls?

There are many types and fits for all budgets.

This guide from the Boopeels may help:

victoriafalls-guide.net/victoria-falls-price…

reviews: 12
2. Re: Best places to stay for a trip to Victoria Falls?

depends how much u want to spend! vic falls hotel is expensive but very nice! kingdom is mid range and closest to the falls...if you want to meet lots of young people, go to shoestrings backpackers!

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 34
3. Re: Best places to stay for a trip to Victoria Falls?

I would recommend staying closer to the falls. I was in Victoria Falls in June and stayed at Elephant Hills. It was a pleasant resort however it was away from the falls and vic falls town itself and required a cab ride to most places. I don't know your budget but we also stayed at Vic Falls Rest Camp as apart of a overlanding tour and it had great facilities. If all you are after is cabins or a camping site I would definately recommend it.

New York City, New...
reviews: 22
4. Re: Best places to stay for a trip to Victoria Falls?

I loved Vic Falls Safari Lodge. My sister and I did 3 nights here.

Elephant Safari, Boma dinner next door, Livingston Island boat trip. the Falls at night for the moonbeams, helicopter ride-worth it!, Botswana safari. Fantastic trip! Been quite a few places and this is right up there!!!

Midlands England
reviews: 26
5. Re: Best places to stay for a trip to Victoria Falls?

Can anyone tell me if the Azambezi is stii there?

It was about 30 years ago.

Colorado
6. Re: Best places to stay for a trip to Victoria Falls?

Azambezi River Lodge

The newly renovated and upgraded the lodge is a mere 5 kms from the rainforest at Victoria Falls and close to all the amenities that the small town centre offers. It also has the added advantage of being one of the very few lodges on the Zimbabwe side of the falls to lie on the Zambezi Riverbank. To make getting around Victoria Falls easy, there is an hourly shuttle from the hotel. The open air “Amulonga” (meaning “just by the river”) restaurant offers a large variety of foods including a selection of traditional African dishes. All bedrooms are comfortably furnished and have en suite bathroom facilities.

Web: http://azambeziriverlodge.com/

Tampa, Florida
reviews: 116
7. Re: Best places to stay for a trip to Victoria Falls?

My fiance and I stayed at the Ilala Lodge when we went last March (2011) and loved it. I would definitely go back there and would recommend it to anyone. It's very close to the falls, the curio market, and some restaurant options. Our room was very nice, we had champagne waiting for us upon arrival and I thought it was a great value. We paid around $110-$120/night with breakfast, but went through a travel agent. Ask for a room that opens out onto the lawn so you can enjoy the fresh air and baboons outside!!

Enjoy your trip, it's one of my favorite places!!

Midlands England
reviews: 26
8. Re: Best places to stay for a trip to Victoria Falls?

Many thanks for posting the details about the Azambezi. I never thought to look for it myself.

It hasn't changed a jot!

I was there for about three days in 1974 or 73 or, well around then.

I went up to Kariba with a friend after that and stayed at a similar type hotel/lodge.

In Salisbury I stayed at the Ambassador (cheap but ok), the Jameson (lovely and not too expensive) and one night in the, then, brand new and expensive Monomotapa. Always wanted to go back as I loved Africa but it's money and age now :-(

I remember lying in bed in the Azam wondering why after the knock on the door the waiter hadn't brought my breakfast in. (I was lazy then <g>.) When I finally got up I found my tea and toast stone cold in a little "cupboard" inside my room but accessible from the corridor outside.

Happy days.

Winchester, United...
reviews: 29
9. Re: Best places to stay for a trip to Victoria Falls?

I love Vic Falls Safari Lodge, beer in hand watching wildlife at the waterhole right in front of you!!! free shuttle bus into town. We went in the hide at the waterhole and had to stay there for more then an hour over the time as surrounded by elephants, the elephants were only inches away from the opening of the hide and you could feel their breath blowing in. amazing.

Denver, Colorado
10. Re: Best places to stay for a trip to Victoria Falls?

Tongabezi Lodge. I stayed in the Bird House which is an open aired room overlooking the zambezi river. I was actually able to see all of the wonderful rooms at this resort, but chose the Bird House because of its views and size. The resort also has many other fantastic bungalows and cottages. This is a bit of adventuresome 5 star lodge when you compare it to the Royal Livingstone. Both are top notch lodges, but Togabezi reminds you that you that you traveled to Africa for this trip.