We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

public transport victoria falls to nairobi

Which Victoria Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
reviews: 2
public transport victoria falls to nairobi

my overland budget safari trip finishes in victoria falls and flights are expensive departing from their.Can I get a bus/train back to nairobi and how safe is this for a single female?

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia
1. Re: public transport victoria falls to nairobi

The journey would be something like this by bus-

Livingstone to Lusaka- 6 hours

overnight in Lusaka

Lusaka to Dar- 24 hours

overnight in Dar

Dar to Nairobi- 13 hours

I don't think this would really make much sense, even financially.

The best idea would be to get an open jaw flight into Nairobi and out of Jo'burg and fly from Vic Falls to Jo'burg. Or possibly into Nairobi and out of Lusaka- there have been posts about Emirates starting flying to Lusaka which might be worth looking into.

Winchester, United...
reviews: 27
2. Re: public transport victoria falls to nairobi

You could ask if the overland company you are going with if they have any trucks transing back to Nairobi, (which company are you going with?)

you could email Kiboko safaris in Lilongwe to see if they have a 4x4 going back to Lilongwe from Livingstone(they sometimes have seats) if not it would be,

bus Livingstone to Lusaka.

bus Lusaka to Chipata then cross over the border then transport to Lilongwe.

bus to the tanzania border

bus from border to Dar

Dar to Arusha

Arusha to Nairobi

3. Re: public transport victoria falls to nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, November 07, 2012