We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wild Horizons Tour Operator

Which Victoria Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alexandria, Virginia
reviews: 241
Wild Horizons Tour Operator

I'll be in Vic Falls in November and am interested in booking the Elephant Back Safari through Wild Horizons (wildhorizons.co.za/elephants/#safaris.html)

Is there any advantage to booking this tour (and maybe another tour) before I get to Vic Falls?

For those that have gone on the elephant back safari, is there a difference between the sunrise/sunset tour vs. the half-day tour? I send an inquiry through the above WH website and have not received a reply.

Victoria Falls...
1. Re: Wild Horizons Tour Operator

Book when you get town, 310 Parkway is their main office which is opposite the main camp site in town. If you for some reason you cannot do the trip and you have booked and pre - paid you will run into cancellation fee's. Do the afternoon trip, as you are walking into the cooler afternoon period and the sunsets are awesome.

Alexandria, Virginia
reviews: 241
2. Re: Wild Horizons Tour Operator

Thanks, John! I look forward to experiencing a Zimbabwean sunset on the back of an elephant :-)

Victoria Falls...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Wild Horizons Tour Operator

The advantage of booking in advance is you know that you activity is scheduled for when you want it. At times these activities do get fully booked and I have seen people disappointed then spending their holiday time rushing around trying to arrange an itinerary. If you are planning on doing a few activities I would advise to pre-book and have it all arranged before you get there.

If you are traveling alone, some of the other activities require a minimum of two people, so you can also be disappointed that an activity you have chosen is not running, by booking in advance it gives the operator a chance to find other travelers to join you.

As far as I am aware the morning and afternoon rides are the same as a half day safari. They last about 3hrs.

The afternoon ride includes sundowners and snacks whereas the morning ride includes a full English breakfast.

In November the temperature pretty hot and although cooling down in the late afternoon its still pretty hot. The mornings are much cooler. Another consideration is that November is generally the beginning of the rainy seasons. Due to the tremendous heat during the day, huge afternoon thunderstorm are common and there is a chance that your safaris could be spoiled. Early morning storms in November are uncommon.

4. Re: Wild Horizons Tour Operator

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, October 25, 2012