We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for Victoria Falls to Chobe NP Safari

Which Victoria Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Thousand Oaks...
reviews: 7
Recommendations for Victoria Falls to Chobe NP Safari

We're looking to head to VF & Chobe in February / March 2011. Wondering if anyone can recommend a good, not super budget, but not luxury safari that will take us into Chobe from Victoria Falls. We have a few specific things that we want to do in VF (lion walk, elephant safari, bungee, helicopter) and I'm noting many safaris that have the VF portion pretty well planned out already...

Any advice most appreciated!

Wayzata, Minnesota
1. Re: Recommendations for Victoria Falls to Chobe NP Safari

I recommend you contact a company in Vic Falls called Wild Horizons. A wonderful company that can coordinate your activities in Vic Falls as well as take you on safari in Chobe.

www.wildhorizons.co.za

matt bracken - safari consultant - travel beyond

2. Re: Recommendations for Victoria Falls to Chobe NP Safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:34 am, October 08, 2010
South Africa
reviews: 14
3. Re: Recommendations for Victoria Falls to Chobe NP Safari

You can either do Chobe as a day trip from Vic Falls, or you may decide to spend a couple of nights there. There are a number of reasonably priced lodges in Kasane, just outside the Chobe National Park, and all of them offer game drives as well as boat trips into the park. Chobe as you may know offers the best boat-based game viewing in the world, during the dry season (July to September). Your agent or tour operator should know this area well, and can easily arrange a day trip or longer overnight trip from Vic Falls. It's only about an hour away by road. If you are arranging it all yourself, Wild Horizons is a reliable company to use.

Onne from Wild Wings Safaris

Langley, B.C. Canada
reviews: 116
4. Re: Recommendations for Victoria Falls to Chobe NP Safari

We just returned from our Vic Falls and Chobe trip which was organized through a combo of Shearwater and Wild Horizons. We did the 15 minute Helli tour, the walk with lions, sunset cruise and guided walk of the falls. Either of those companies will book any of those activities. What I would HIGHLY recommend is a stay at Elephant Valley Lodge for your safari portion in Chobe. It is just outside the Chobe gate, has it's own watering hole where you can watch the elephants etc. from your tented cabin porch or from the outdoor restaurant. The game viewing in that area was better than any that we experienced in our later game drives in South African Parks. the accommodation, setting and service at Elephant Valley Lodge was fantastic for the few days we were there. There was a morning and evening game drive and or river cruise included each day. We saw lions, leopard, hundreds of elephants and buffalo, giraffes, herds of hoofed animals, crocs etc.

London
reviews: 1
5. Re: Recommendations for Victoria Falls to Chobe NP Safari

Hi Tres –

I’ve noted that you’ve mentioned the ‘lion walk’ activity. This has generated a lot of debate as to its morality– and if you’re not aware of this already, I think you might want to look at it before you make a decision to do it.

I’ll start a separate thread on this now – to avoid your main question being subverted!

Chris McIntyre -

author: Bradt guidebooks to Botswana, Namibia, Zambia & Zanzibar

MD: Expert Africa (offices in London & New Zealand)

Grand Rapids, MI
reviews: 32
6. Re: Recommendations for Victoria Falls to Chobe NP Safari

I booked using BooPeel, trip advisor member. She recommended the Big 5 Safari that includes elephant ride and lion walk at a reasonable price. If you are doing a safari elsewhere in Africa, you may just want a 1/2 day at Chobe that includes the boat tour and lunch. I did Sabi Sands, and a day tour from Chobe. The only change I would have made was a 1/2 day tour on the boat with lunch and not the afternoon jeep safari as it was pretty much the same as other safaris. What we saw on the afternoon jeap safari was pretty much the same as on the morning boat tour and my safari in Sabi Sands. With this in mind, 1/2 day tour from Chobe on the boat tour is a must do and include the lunch.

Huntington Beach...
reviews: 376
7. Re: Recommendations for Victoria Falls to Chobe NP Safari

My wife and I were just in Victoria Falls and Chobe. While in Victoria Falls, Victoria Falls Private Game Reserve, with its lions encounter and elephant walks programs, and its owner/operator, Shearwater, does the bungee jumps and the helicopter flights. The 25 minute flight, while pricey, is well worth the cost! We also did the sunset river cruise that they operate and watched hippos cavort in the sunset red colors as the sun went down! All are excellent. For Chobe, we stayed at the Chobe Safari Lodge at Kasane and found their water tours on their big pontoon boats were absolutely stunning! Incredible views of the animals from just yards away! We had elephants and more elephants from start to finish.Their land based safaris were excellent as well. We highly recommend them and suggest that you stay there at least three full days to get a good overview.

8. Re: Recommendations for Victoria Falls to Chobe NP Safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 28, 2011