We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Fun things to do

Which Victoria Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
reviews: 69
Help with Fun things to do

I will be in Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe just before Christmas. My teenage son has seen pictures of Devil's Pool on the Zam side and is eager to visit. Is it possible at this time of year? Or too much water? Can Zim tour operators organize this or do I need to contact someone on the Zam side. Advice would be appreciated; as would other suggestions for fun activities.

Victoria Falls...
Destination Expert
for Victoria Falls
reviews: 2
1. Re: Help with Fun things to do

Hi, the Devil Swim might still be going when you get there - depending on the water level - As far as I know you cant book it on the Zim side but you go to The Royal Livingstone Hotel in Zambia to book - it is part of a full day tour where you have lunch on Livingstone Island - also please remember that you will have to get a visa to go into Zambia for a single entry visa this would be US$55 per person. The cost of the day trip would be round about US$100 per person.

Philadelphia...
reviews: 74
2. Re: Help with Fun things to do

Leloir,

Two of the better activity organizers in the Vic Falls area are:

www.shearwateradventures.com

http://www.safpar.com/victoria_falls.htm

Shearwater operates primarily out of Zim, Safpar from Zam.

Note also that a swimming trip to Zambia (from Zim) would be mighty expensive. Visas for US citizens to go to Zambia are $135 per person, single or multiple entry, and are good for three years. I'm not sure where the other post-person got the $55 visa fee. Visas can be applied for ahead of time, but can be done when crossing the border as well. This hike in fees was instituted in Jan 2008.

http://www.zambiaembassy.org

…state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1062.html

Depending on where you are staying, your hotel may be able to arrange everything for you in advance of your visit.

Finally, regarding Zimbabwe visas, note the fee structure:

Single Entry Visa per person - $60.00

Double Entry Visa per person - $75.00

Multiple Entry Visa per person - $95.00

By going to Zambia for the day, you will need at least a double entry visa.

Also keep in mind that you will need to pay for all visas and airport use taxes in cash.

new york
reviews: 69
3. Re: Help with Fun things to do

Thank you so much for this extremely clear, and obviously knowledgeable post. Very much appreciate this information and your generous assistance.

4. Re: Help with Fun things to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, October 12, 2009