We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Livingstone to Zimbabwe

Which Victoria Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
reviews: 1
Livingstone to Zimbabwe

We are leaving for a trip to Africa next month. After a time in South Africa and before going to Botswana, we are flying into Livingstone and only staying there one night. We just want to visit Victoria Falls and understand it is best seen from the Zimbabwean side.

Has anyone experienced a long wait in going through the border? It is expensive to get a Zimbabwean visa ahead of time, and then it is only good for one entry.

Any insights would be helpful.

Washington
reviews: 107
1. Re: Livingstone to Zimbabwe

Janet,

I can't give you any helpful information because I am wondering the same thing. We are going in August so if you would kindly post any information after your return, it would be greatly appreciated. I have checked into different companies providing excursions to the Zim side from the Zam side but all meet you at the border after you cross. If you would like website of those particular tours let me know.

Southern California
reviews: 13
2. Re: Livingstone to Zimbabwe

The wait going into Zimbabwe is not very long, maybe 10 or 15 minutes. It took me longer to get back into Zambia, about half an hour. You can pay for your visa at the border. Make sure that your agent or hotel in Zambia arranges for a visa waiver in Zambia, if you don't get one it is $100 US for American citizens. I used Wild Horizons for my tour of the Zimbabwe side they can arrange your transfer and deal with all the paperwork.

Boston...
reviews: 16
3. Re: Livingstone to Zimbabwe

I went through the Zim / Zam border and back at night to go on a Zambezi booze cruise, and we zipped through in 5-10 minutes. This was in summer 2005, and I got a multipe-entry Zim visa on the Botswana border for about $40US. Maybe things have changed since then...?

The view is actually good from both sides of the Falls. I guess if I had to choose I would say Zim, because the park there is bigger and you can walk along the whole length of the gorge, but Zam is also beautiful and you have a nice view of the famous bridge that connects the 2 countries. Zim also has an incredible curio market near the Falls.

Watch out for baboons at the border and at the Falls in Zim. They stole our breakfast ;)

big island hawaii
reviews: 68
4. Re: Livingstone to Zimbabwe

the Zimbabwe single entry visa is $30.00 U.S. and shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes to go through immigration. There is a $20.00 fee to get into the falls on the Zim side.. The Zam side should be pretty good next month, but if going in the dry season-sept-oct the Zim side is much better. Be prepared to be hounded by people selling their carved animals on the Zim side, they are relentless but have to make a living.

5. Re: Livingstone to Zimbabwe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, September 01, 2009