We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

victoria falls...Zambian side, yellow fever ?

Which Victoria Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast
reviews: 1
victoria falls...Zambian side, yellow fever ?

Hi

We are staying a few nights in Zambezi Sun in June, which is on the Zambian side of the falls. We fly into Zimbabwe and transfer to our hotel.

We are in the process of establishing what vacinations we require for this trip ( and previous Kruger/Cape Town). Today we seemed to have established Yellow fever is NOT required in this area, but read on another forum, it IS???. What we dont want happening is to have "difficulty" entering Zimbabwe for our return flight, whose immigration may want sight of our yellow fever certificate...you can get vacinated at some countries airports I know...but would prefer it done in UK, if required!

Has anyone flown from SA to Zambia via Zimbabwe, ? any advice would be most welcome.

THANKS

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 87
1. Re: victoria falls...Zambian side, yellow fever ?

Hi,

We were in Zimbabwe/Zambia last December. We stayed in Zimbabwe side and visited to Zambian side for micro-lighting. Before we leave Canada, we checked with health authorities here and they said that yellow fever vaccination is not required. So we didn't take it. No body at the airport or at the boarder crossing questioned about the vaccination. I am not sure what is the situation now. Hope this information is helpful to you.

Belfast
reviews: 1
2. Re: victoria falls...Zambian side, yellow fever ?

Thanks upalis

Yeah that is useful thanks...I just wasnt sure if the authorities ( partic on Zimbabwe side) viewed Zambia as a "risk area" and as such would look for certificate...your experience seems to be consenus of general opinion....did you have any hassle with the visas crossing between the countries?...was it just a 2 journey visa you got?

Boydy

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 87
3. Re: victoria falls...Zambian side, yellow fever ?

We got single entry visa at Victoria Falls airport. When we booked our micro-light flight with the tour operator, he said that it is not available at Zimbabwe side and we have to go to Zambian side to do it. I told them that we don't have multiple entry visa to go to Zambia. Tour operator informed me that the visa fees are included in the micro-light price. At the border they talked to the immigration officers and let us go in. On the way back also they did the talking. I think they have an internal arrangement for settle the visa fees. ( Officially or unofficially, I am not sure). Make sure you take US dollars in cash to pay visa fees.

4. Re: victoria falls...Zambian side, yellow fever ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:22 pm, August 25, 2009