We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Victoria Falls???

Which Zimbabwe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kent, Washington
reviews: 14
Victoria Falls???

We are planning a trip which will start in Cape Town and then we'll head to East Africa. Is it worth the 3-4k to visit Victoria Falls "on the way by"? It is our first and possibly only trip to Africa. We are traveling in Sept 2014

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia
1. Re: Victoria Falls???

Vic Falls is definitely worth visiting, but at 3-4K- I'd say not.

To be honest, Cape Town and East Africa also seems an odd combination. If combining safari and Cape Town it would make much more sense to me to do the safari in Botswana or South Africa, or even Zimbabwe or Zambia. Then it would be easy to add in Vic Falls.

I wouldn't try and cram in too many places so far apart- you may think this might be your only trip to Africa, but a lot of people will tell you how addictive the continent is. If that's you in your avatar photo, you look young enough to have many trips ahead of you!

Amman, Jordan
reviews: 41
2. Re: Victoria Falls???

$3-4k is a lot of money to spend just "on the way by" - don't get me wrong, Vic Falls is special.

How do you get from Cape Town to East Africa - fly, driving through?

Kent, Washington
reviews: 14
3. Re: Victoria Falls???

We're flying and the tour company only added about 1k for Vic Falls.....thinking its a go. :)

Amman, Jordan
reviews: 41
4. Re: Victoria Falls???

Is that additional $1k inc flight ticket CPT to VFA and also accommodation? For one pax or two?

FYI – one way ticket CPT-VFA is about $370 per pax

5. Re: Victoria Falls???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 27, 2014