We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bar scene

Which Tunis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 44
Bar scene

I appreciate that Tunis is in an Islamic country and the social scene generally revolves around a 'cafe culture', but wondered if advise if there any bars/pubs worth a look? I'm also aware that the whole city seems to 'close down' at 10pm - are there any exceptions to this?

Also how much is it for a beer at the moment?

I love travelling, but, being a typical Brit, I also like a beer to wind down at the end of the evening and having a chat with my fellow travellers.

Cheers,

Lee

4 replies to this topic
Belfast, United...
reviews: 14
1. Re: Bar scene

Are you asking about Tunisia as a country or Tunis the city?

Hammamet and Yasmine Hammamet certainly do have bars pubs and nightclubs that come alive after 10pm.

London, United...
2. Re: Bar scene

Sorry, Tunis.

I am going to be staying very centrally in a Hostel. It states on the hotel blurb that is is right next to the main market/souq.

Edit: Just north of the Ezzitouna Mosque looking at the map.

Edited: 4:41 pm, March 11, 2014
Paris, France
reviews: 2
3. Re: Bar scene

of course there are ight clubs in Tunis. Vheck out the region of Gammart there are plenty in there generally closing around 2 a.m in winter. Actually , tunisia is an equal mixture between ancestral islamic culture and european mediteranean culture. In central tunis there are pubs at just 50 m of mosques.

Final advice, if you're staying in thecentral city! check the skybar in novotel or other bars in carthage or at 20 km of the capital.

London, United...
4. Re: Bar scene

Thanks for that.

I'm sure I heard it somewhere that, in Islamic countries at least, they weren't allowed to sell alcohol within a certain distance of a mosque (it may of been in view of it).

Reply to: Bar scene
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted