We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tunis, Tunisia Cruise stop with a local guide

Which Tunis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Green Brook, NJ
Tunis, Tunisia Cruise stop with a local guide

We are just back from Costa Concordia's Western Mediterranean Cruise trip. Through tripadvisor we hired a local guide named Ben Jebara M.Tahar.(He is active in this forum.) We are very happy with his service. Not only that he speaks perfect English, he is also very knowledgeable and proud of Tunisia's history. We visited the beautiful Sidi Bou Saïd, had fun bargaining in Medina and also spent some time in Byrsa hill Carthage and museum.We all enjoyed this eye opening experience. Unlike some posts in the forum, we were not haggled by taxi drivers, they were quite regulated in the port. We actually found it very safe over there.

Green Brook, NJ
1. Re: Tunis, Tunisia Cruise stop with a local guide

BTW, the price with the guide is a lot reasonable compared with the price on the cruise ship. The most important thing is you could visit more places with the local guide. Thank you Ben.

Tunis, Tunisia
2. Re: Tunis, Tunisia Cruise stop with a local guide

Hi Mrs L. hello everyone,

Thank you for your appreciations,I'm pleased that you enjoyed your short visit to Tunis,Tunisia.

The most important is that you keep a good memories and you have a friend in Tunisia who'll be pleased to welcome you back for a long holdays.

Ben

Ann Arbor
reviews: 2
3. Re: Tunis, Tunisia Cruise stop with a local guide

Hello-

My wife and I will be visiting Tunis on May 18 on the Louis Majesty. I believe the ship expect to dock at 1 PM and leave at 7 PM. We are interested in visiting the Bardo Museum, Sidi Bou Said, and Carthage, if possible. We are not interested in shopping or dining.

Are you available? How much would you charge to meet us at the ship, take us around and return us to the ship?

Please reply to mlongo@umich.edu as I don't monitor the forum.

--Michael Longo

Vancouver, B.C.
4. Re: Tunis, Tunisia Cruise stop with a local guide

I too would be interested in a similar tour on October 6th. Please let me know the cost for 4 adults would be. Thanks

To the original poster, did you feel that you had enough time at each stop on the tour? It is a shame that the stop is so short. I am on the same ship as you this fall. I am having trouble finding reviews. Do you have any tips from the other ports of call?

Rob

5. Re: Tunis, Tunisia Cruise stop with a local guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:08 am, April 25, 2010
Valletta, Malta
6. Re: Tunis, Tunisia Cruise stop with a local guide

Hi

We are too interested in a similar tour for Carthage and Sidi Bau Said for the 18 May. We will be arriving in port from 8.30 to 14.00.

can you please e-mail me if you are available at kikina9@yahoo.com.

thanks

7. Re: Tunis, Tunisia Cruise stop with a local guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:08 am, April 25, 2010
Brunswick, Maine
reviews: 2
8. Re: Tunis, Tunisia Cruise stop with a local guide

Ben,

My family and I are going to be visiting Tunis in August and would like to talk to you about your services. Do you have a contact e-mail so we could communicate? I'm on a cruise and will be in port from 8:30 am until 4 pm and would like to squeeze in as much as possible.

Thanks,

Kelly

california
reviews: 7
9. Re: Tunis, Tunisia Cruise stop with a local guide

Ben I would like some information on your services as I wil be in La Goulette on July 31st and Aug, 7th 2010. WE are a group of 8

thank you

debra

msilverbeemer@yahoo.com

california
reviews: 7
10. Re: Tunis, Tunisia Cruise stop with a local guide

Hi Greenbrook,

Former resident here. I would like to know some details about your tour. I have posted my e-mail address as I do not monitor on this site. Would you provide details and explain what you bought.

D

Edited: 10:09 pm, April 30, 2010