We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels with facilities for disabled guests

Edinburgh
reviews: 11
Hotels with facilities for disabled guests

A recent topic arose with the poster enquiring about adapted rooms for disabled and wheelchair bound guests in hotels ( i hope my terminology is not un pc )

It would be helpful if members could recall hotels they have visited that are adapted.

Things like lifts, ramps easy access, adapted rooms with rails wetrooms alarms etc If such a list was compiled here maybe one of our DEs could put it on the "top question" link here

Regards all

Get posting now,folks!

Thanks

Mick

74 replies to this topic
Belfast, United...
reviews: 15
1. Re: Hotels with facilities for disabled guests

Hi Mick. Iberostar Solaria had a few wheelchair users when i was there. I heard no complaints from them. The restaurant is upstairs and they used a separate entrance. Thats all i know though.

Edinburgh
2. Re: Hotels with facilities for disabled guests

Iberostar Diar el Andalous, Port el Kantaoui also boasts it has 3 fully equipped rooms

There are a number of Iberostars in the resorts. Particularly Yasmine Hammamet

The Iberostar Chich Khan in Yasmine has rooms for wheelchair users.

I met a guest from Belguim at the Khan .He stays there all through the winter months

How well equipped though, i dont know.

Edited: 5:59 am, March 17, 2013
thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
reviews: 20
3. Re: Hotels with facilities for disabled guests

when we were at the Abu Sofian next to the Riviera last year there were a number of wheel chair-bound people, one with a electric chair, (how it compacted into the special suit case still baffles me to this day ) and the only trouble they had was the restaurant, it was up a small flight of stairs, the staff were always on hand to help them up, every part of the complex was adapted apart from the restaurant,

not sure on the rooms,

never heard a complaint,

alan

Edited: 1:52 pm, March 17, 2013
Edinburgh
4. Re: Hotels with facilities for disabled guests

Another recommendation from a contributor. Posted last year

<<Been to the Riu Palace Oceana,Hammamet several times and there is very good disabled access both when entering the hotel from the front and when leaving the hotel at the rear to access the pool/garden area.

My recommendation is to have one of the ground floor terrace rooms and my advice is if you email the hotel about 5 weeks to you going and tell them of your requirements I can assure you they will carry these out with no problem at all.

When we have stayed at the hotel there have been several disabled people staying and they have had no problems whatsoever and the staff are also very helpful.>>>>

Edited: 8:52 am, March 19, 2013
Belfast, United...
reviews: 43
5. Re: Hotels with facilities for disabled guests

Good post mick

Edinburgh
6. Re: Hotels with facilities for disabled guests

Hopefully more regulars will contribute regarding experiences of hotels that have adapted rooms with, for example "wet rooms"

I have noticed over the years this is happening in a number of hotels in the resorts.

. Particulafly those hotels we have seen mentioned recently that have been refurbished.

So any update regarding this.i would think be very useful and helpful.

Edinburgh
7. Re: Hotels with facilities for disabled guests

Any updates on this topic ,folks ?

Belfast, United...
reviews: 43
8. Re: Hotels with facilities for disabled guests

just seen a reveiw on sahara beach ,someone saying its good for disabled people

south wales
reviews: 23
9. Re: Hotels with facilities for disabled guests

soviva and sahara suitable for accessing hotel and grounds. bit dodgy to get to sovivas beach in wheelchair. soviva has adapted rooms but not the sahara. visited soviva 30 months ago and sahara 18 months ago. re room higher up you go in the sahara better room is (think was family room - we upgraded. sovivas accessible rooms ground level behind reception and very good facing crazy golf . were staying riviera next week but cant get response from hotel to "keep" accessible room. oh well will have to use pool shower and wet wipes.

Edinburgh
10. Re: Hotels with facilities for disabled guests

I have looked at some others

It appears that Iberostar Belisaire ,Yasmine Hammamet has 4 adapted rooms for people with disabilities

Reply to: Hotels with facilities for disabled guests
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted