We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Recommendations????

Which Tunisia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Huddersfield, West...
reviews: 4
Any Recommendations????

Hello Everyone,

My 12 year old son and I hope to be holidaying in Tunisia in August this year. This year will be the first my son has had without his Dad and I want him to have a really good time. I visited Hammamet twice before but over 25 years ago so I guess its all changed a bit since then.

My son is very sporty and very active from morning till night - will come out to explore the local area but doesn't like organised coach trips etc. - He enjoys boat trips though. I like to sit/walk lie in the sun, read lots and spend time walking on the beach. I also like exploring local area and boat trips - Is Hammamet still a good bet for us? I've been reading on the internet and to be honest, the only place I would not like is Port El Kantaoui - Don't get me wrong, it looks lovely bit I think we would enjoy somewhere a bit 'older'.

Could any of you good folks come up with any suggestions of areas we might enjoy?

All help appreciated!

Dolly

Edinburgh
reviews: 13
1. Re: Any Recommendations????

The Marhaba hotels in Sousse are getting good reviews and comments on here recently

Marhaba Salem is on the beach, has wonderful pools with chutes/slides

Guests can use facilities in sister hotel next door (Royal Salem)

Gym, pools, spa, etc .

Not far to the port of Sousse for boat trips

Here is a link to the " Marhabas"

translate.google.co.uk/translate…

Regards

Mick

PS A bit biased ;)

We go to the Salem later this year

Edited: 5:14 am, February 23, 2013
Stowmarket, United...
reviews: 20
2. Re: Any Recommendations????

Hammamet area is a good location, though sone areas are not what they used to be.

I am a fan of the hammamet old town, but I dont like the "new" area of Yasmine Hammamet, I find it a bit too fake.

Where did you go/stay 25 yeays ago?

Huddersfield, West...
reviews: 4
3. Re: Any Recommendations????

Hi and thank you both for your replies.

When I first went to Tunisia, I stayed in Hammamet at what was a new hotel called Le Saphir - Everything was lovely and we really enjoyed it - my first holiday abroad!

I returned a couple of years later to the same hotel and it was awful - couldn't beleive the difference - so got moved to the Miramar (think thats what it was called) which was lovely also. Over the years, I've gone further afield then got sick of travelling and come closer to home - I wanted to visit Tunisia again but my then Husband never fancied it. I'm on my own now so I'm comin back!!!

Dolly

Edited: 11:08 am, February 23, 2013
Stowmarket, United...
reviews: 20
4. Re: Any Recommendations????

Nice one, I hope you enjoy

Edinburgh
reviews: 13
5. Re: Any Recommendations????

Hi Dolly

In all the time i have been o this forum

You are the first to mention The Le Saphir

I remember it well, and one of the best holidays we had in Tunisia.

Dont know what happened ...But our memories are good

I might add the couple who ran the "disco" back then ,

now own the Steakhouse pub in Yasmine

Regards

Mick

6. Re: Any Recommendations????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 25, 2014