We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upmarket Tunisia

Addlestone, United...
Upmarket Tunisia

Where are the better places to go in Tunisia, away from the masses?

Sunderland, United...
reviews: 20
1. Re: Upmarket Tunisia

What time of year are you going?

Makes a difference as a lot of places dont get busy until mid summer, so anywhere could suit.

Tunisiamad

Durham, United...
reviews: 16
2. Re: Upmarket Tunisia

The Skanes area is away from the masses but I personally wouldnt go there free.

It depends when you go as to how busy it will be.

I spent Christmas week in Port -el-Kantoui and it was lovely.

London
reviews: 21
3. Re: Upmarket Tunisia

Its bit of journey to get there but Tabarka in north of Tunisia is a delightful place. Not been there since the uprising but had two very enjoyable holidays there. Mainly Italian and French tourists and believe that, I was only English person in town. Thinking of revisiting again in May or June.

Addlestone, United...
4. Re: Upmarket Tunisia

Will be travelling at peak time in July. I prefer a villa with a private pool but they seem to be mostly in the south.

Addlestone, United...
5. Re: Upmarket Tunisia

Also will be travelling with teenagers so don't want to be too far from an airport.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hammamet
reviews: 24
6. Re: Upmarket Tunisia

Hi Alison

I agree with Wandrin_star. The north of Tunisia is still unchartered territory as far the Brits are concerned.

You didn't say which airport you will arriving at. If Tunis Carthage airport, then I would recommend the resort of Sidi Bou Said. It is a very short distance from Tunis. It is a chic, upmarket resort. However, the most villas and apartments there belong to Tunisians living abroad, but spend their holidays at home. No more so than in peak summer time.

Having said that, and with a bit of homework, I am sure you will find more options for accommodation in that lovely resort.

Good luck

Cheers

Cas

Gosport, United...
reviews: 27
7. Re: Upmarket Tunisia

Agree with Cas about Sidi Bou Said being more up-market [and relatively expensive]. It's a beautiful place and very photogenic.

But the price the place pays for that is that it DOES get invaded by the masses! During the day coach loads of tour groups invade, and when there are cruise ships alongside at La Goulette, then the place can reach saturation point. But when they've left it returns to being a peaceful haven.

Antwerp, Belgium
reviews: 5
8. Re: Upmarket Tunisia

Maybe you can find something on this website

tunisie-annonce.com/AnnoncesImmobilier.asp

good luck !

UK
reviews: 54
9. Re: Upmarket Tunisia

If you are looking for an upmarket hotel, away from the masses, then I'd recommend The Residence in Gammarth:

www.theresidence.com/tunis/location-en.html

10. Re: Upmarket Tunisia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, January 04, 2014