We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson Skanes Family Resort

Which Tunisia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Huddersfield...
reviews: 1
Thomson Skanes Family Resort

Hi,

We are looking to book a holiday for Summer 2013 to Tunisia. We have found on Thomsons website a hotel called Skanes Family Resort which it says is going to be totally refurbished for next summer. I can't find any reviews on this hotel and have also googled it and nothing comes up. I am just wondering if the name of the hotel has just changed. If anyone can give me any information, that would be great.

Thanks.

London
reviews: 21
1. Re: Thomson Skanes Family Resort

If the current speed of hotel renovation is anything to go by, a hotel being totally refurbished for next summer is unlikely to be finished for beginning of season. It does sound like hotel being renamed, hopefully others may identify it. I would say if you book, be prepared for hotel change.

Gosport, United...
reviews: 34
2. Re: Thomson Skanes Family Resort

From what I could see from the road and beach in Skanes, there are a few hotels in contention for a refurb!

Sheffield, United...
reviews: 9
3. Re: Thomson Skanes Family Resort

hi

I have just booked this hotel, never been to Tunisia before but had origianlly booked Tropicana Azur Club in Sharm el Sheik until I read the reviews, having been to sharm the reviews did sound similar to experiences we had last time, so decided to take a punt with Skanes. I have found that if it is a Thomson Family resort it has a Thomson rep on site and it also has a Thomson kids club so they will also be english girls living on or near site, so I am not too worried, and if things go pear shaped there will be a rep there. If it is not likely to be ready I assume Thomson will inform us before hand and give us the option to change (they did this when we were going to Dominican Republic and there was an outbreak of food poisioning, and we ended up in Kenya instead.

Willenhall...
4. Re: Thomson Skanes Family Resort

We have just booked this hotel for next year to with Thomson, I also CRT find any information on this hotel, have been told by thomson it's goin to be a big hotel, just hope it's finished for when we ago.

Willenhall...
5. Re: Thomson Skanes Family Resort

Hiya, think iv found it google houda skanes monastic hotel, it's the same as the photo in the Thomson book well the pool anyway, let me now if you think it is.

Sheffield, United...
reviews: 9
6. Re: Thomson Skanes Family Resort

Yes it I think it is the Houda Skanes Monastir Hotel, the reception area is the same. Reviews are a bit confusing, the general picture I get is the building is tired but the staff are great, some reviews on other websites say they booked this hotel but there was confusion over the name, looks like next year is the first time Thomson are sending people, so there should be many more British there than previous reviews, and to be a Thomson family hotel the hotels usually have to up their game, eitherwise they get dropped, so fingers crossed for July 2013!!!

Willenhall...
7. Re: Thomson Skanes Family Resort

Thomson family are very good we went to the bonire in cal bona Spain was a 4+ the skanes is also the same, it was also called skanes palace if you google that you see a lot more, most of thomsons are English, we go 24 August . But the rep we booked with said its been completely refurbished so will look very different to what we see on internet, but the beach looks lovely, hopefully will be ready for next may, CRT see Thomson saying it will be if it won't be.

Southend-on-Sea...
8. Re: Thomson Skanes Family Resort

Have booked this 2 days ago! Fingers crossed it will all be up and running as just paid 1600 quid all inc for 4 of us for 1 week in May during half term (agent was surprised at the price as it included a free child place, which is as rare as rocking horse poo in the school holidays, aparantly).

I also think it may be this houda skanes place so will be interesting to see what they will have done with it!

Must admit I am a little nervous as I have never been to Tunisia before and not too sure what to expect.

Southend-on-Sea...
9. Re: Thomson Skanes Family Resort

If you google houda hotels wou will find the hotels own website. They run 2 other hotels.

No info about a rename or refurbishment thou!

Willenhall...
10. Re: Thomson Skanes Family Resort

Iv just there is a nice shopping centre in skanes the folla shopping centre.