We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what currency

Which Zanzibar Archipelago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Berks
what currency

Hi all

What should I do about money.

Do I take US dollars and change that or local currency in the UK?

nyc
1. Re: what currency

If staying in hotels/resorts... they will accept USD, GBP and Euro, but still need some TSH for local purchases outside of hotels.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 62
2. Re: what currency

I would just take Pounds and exchange them in Tanzania for shillings.

Berks
3. Re: what currency

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'll take GBP and change up in resort

nyc
4. Re: what currency

The resort is the last place you want to change currency. Resorts offer the worst rates. Suggest, on the way from airport to resort you have your transfer or taxi driver stop at a Currency Exchange in Stone Town (if there's not already one at the airport... preferred) and exchange there.

Current exchange rates are very good for most all currencies, so why loose out by doing so at the resort?

Berks
5. Re: what currency

Thanks for the heads up.

6. Re: what currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Zanzibar Archipelago