We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kenya or Tanzania?

Umhlanga
reviews: 32
Kenya or Tanzania?

A very general question before we start planning. We are wanting to travel sometime over the period end June/start July 2013 for about a week and we are wanting to avoid places that are too overcrowded. Should we visit Kenya or Tanzania?

Umhlanga
11. Re: Kenya or Tanzania?

Look forward to reading your post when you get back. Enjoy and travel safe. Africa is a wonderful place.

Shanghai, China
12. Re: Kenya or Tanzania?

Hi, If you have time and can afford an East Africa Safari, I would recommend a visit to both Kenya and Tanzania. We traveled in January. As for your lodges/ accommodation, I would not break the bank if I were you. We stayed in relatively simple eco camps in both countries, Kibo in Amboseli, Kikoti Camp in Tarangire, Crater Forest Camp in Ngorongoro , Mbalagety Serengeti, Speke Bay Lake Victoria, Kichwa Tembo Maasai Mara and Lion Hill in Lake Nakuru. It was memorable.

Edited: 7:01 am, April 20, 2012
Umhlanga
13. Re: Kenya or Tanzania?

Many thanks for that information. I will look them up this weekend.

Arusha, Dar es...
14. Re: Kenya or Tanzania?

For time of that time of the year to be host you should be Masai Mara in Kenya this to see migration of the animals . and also you do Serengeti national up to mare river then you will get see how the animals are crossing the river to Kenya so here is all the wildebeest and crocodiles around the river Mara so i would like to recommend you to 3 nights in Serengeti national park. Tarangire national park and ngorongoro crater you'll get see all big five in Tanzania while in Kenya is only migration of wildebeest .

So if you don't mind you have to six days and five nights safari .

15. Re: Kenya or Tanzania?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:06 am, October 31, 2013
16. Re: Kenya or Tanzania?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 13, 2013