We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best oark to visit in December

Which Serengeti National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Best oark to visit in December

What's the best park in all of Africa for the December time period?

What might be the cost range of safari's, for 7-10 day treks? Can you do self guided tours and are they worth it compared to a guided tour?

How about hotels, food, etc?

Just starting to research for my annual December vacation.

Thanks

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
reviews: 8
1. Re: Best oark to visit in December

Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti for the best parks. Cost for a safari will be dependent upon how many people are in the vehicle and what kind of accommodations you wish. I would suggest a private safari as it's not all that much more and then you can say where you want to go. For a rough ball park guess, figure between $250 - $500 a day per person, all inclusive.

I would suggest that you get a local Tanzanian safari operator to provide you with a quote for a 7-10 day safari in December. You can google on "Tanzania safari" and you'll find a lot of operators, or look on the member page of www.tatotz.com. Email 4 or 5 operators giving them all the same information, then begin to make some comparisons. They will quote you an all inclusive safari.

Since you obviously don't know the territory, I would suggest that you do a guided private safari (not a tour with other strangers), to try to drive this yourself without knowledge of where to go and where the animals are located you will be disappointed and probably lost most of the time (the roads are not marked and you will need to know the landmarks along the way). Private safari quotes will include vehicle, fuel, driver/guide, accommodation, food, water, park fees, etc. All inclusive will mean everything except for personal items. Most safari companies will meet you at the airport and hold your hand for as long as you wish.

You can also do some searches on this forum for safari operators, there are many suggested and a few with warnings.

Hope this helps you out a bit. Good luck.

Seattle, Washington
2. Re: Best oark to visit in December

Thanks

so which game park would you recommend in all of Africa for a december trip? I'm open to any and all of them...figure I have a total of 3 weeks, granted 1 week I want to be on the coast somewhere...

I'll be traveling alone, so joining an existing group is idea, as it provides some socialization.

mccrmckt@comcast.net

Seattle, Washington
3. Re: Best oark to visit in December

Thanks

so which game park would you recommend in all of Africa for a december trip? I'm open to any and all of them...figure I have a total of 3 weeks, granted 1 week I want to be on the coast somewhere...

I'll be traveling alone, so joining an existing group is idea, as it provides some socialization.

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 57
4. Re: Best oark to visit in December

Its a bit like asking, Which is the best park in all of the Americas?

Its all very subjective, and as I haven't been to them all yet, all I would say is the best I have been to include Etosha, Chobe , Kruger, Ruaha, Selous, South Luangwa. Hope this helps.

5. Re: Best oark to visit in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:35 am, October 10, 2009