We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is possible to buy a ticket bus in Ubungo Terminal at night?

Which Dar es Salaam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sao Paulo, SP
Is possible to buy a ticket bus in Ubungo Terminal at night?

Hi, I will arrive in Dar es Salaam at 7pm and need go to Moshi next day early. I need to know the hours of operation of bus terminal. Thanks

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
reviews: 6
1. Re: Is possible to buy a ticket bus in Ubungo Terminal at night?

Some of the terminal/shops may stay open for freight but not that late. Most people close up and go home by dark in Tanzania, which would be the time of your arrival. If you arrive at 7pm it will be about an hour before you get out of the airport (luggage, passport control, customs) and then at least another 30 minutes to get to Ubungo Bus Terminal. That would make it going on 9pm by the time you got there, and they will certainly be closed by then.

Your best bet would be to get a hotel very close to Ubungo (such as the Rombo Green View Hotel) and get over there very early in the next morning to get your ticket and get a bus for Moshi. There's many of them going there every day, so you will be able to get on one.

Zanzibar
2. Re: Is possible to buy a ticket bus in Ubungo Terminal at night?

I agree with above.

Another option is Blue Pearl Hotel which is next to Bus Terminal and can walk.

So,book a Hotel either Rombo Green View or Blue Pearl Hotel and advise them to buy a ticket for you.Hope will be much easier and tension free,this will make you to get a reliable Coach.

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
reviews: 6
3. Re: Is possible to buy a ticket bus in Ubungo Terminal at night?

One of the things you will want to do is to have a taxi take you to the bus within the terminal. There are a zillion touts lingering about the terminal, and the best way to avoid them is to take a taxi from your hotel and ask them to take you to your bus. They will do this.

Sao Paulo, SP
4. Re: Is possible to buy a ticket bus in Ubungo Terminal at night?

I thank you for the information. I will contact the hotel. It's my first travel to Tanzânia. I will climb kili and after if possible spend 1 or 2 days in Zanzibar. I always wanted to make a trip by bus to know better the people and places. Now i will. One more question about ferry to Zanzibar: the timetable. Is it able all day?

Regards

Maria

Zanzibar
5. Re: Is possible to buy a ticket bus in Ubungo Terminal at night?

Reliable Ferry to Zanzibar

07h00

09h30

10h30

12h30

14h00

15h30

Economy Class US$ 35 and First Class US$ 40

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 7
6. Re: Is possible to buy a ticket bus in Ubungo Terminal at night?

Definitely have the hotel arrange for the tickets, buses are running full and you may not get the ticket the same day. Not to mention the pandemonium at the station.

As Karl advises, you should stay in a hotel next to Ubungo. Morning rush hour is really bad; you can get stuck in traffic and miss your bus. Similarly, if you go by ferry to Zanzibar, stay in a hotel close to the ferry. Tanzanite Executive Suites is one of the places, they will drive you to the ferry for free. The ferry company delivered our tickets to the hotel.

Edited: 12:43 pm, July 31, 2012
Sao Paulo, SP
7. Re: Is possible to buy a ticket bus in Ubungo Terminal at night?

I thank everyone for these information. It was too good to plan my trip.

8. Re: Is possible to buy a ticket bus in Ubungo Terminal at night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 09, 2013