We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which photo sharing site?

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 2
Which photo sharing site?

What site do you recommend for sharing trip pictures? Photobucket, shutterfly, flickr?

8 replies to this topic
Michigan
reviews: 41
1. Re: Which photo sharing site?

I prefer Picasa because you can put restrictions on who you share them with. You can create albums, and share some and not others. Or you can share photos with those who have the link. It has a lot of positive features. Picasa is a free download and you get a certain amount of free storage space. Just know, if you share a lot of photos, and want to continue to have enough space, you can resize your photos to smaller sizes. They will upload fine, viewers can see them, and you will save space.

I've also shared via Shutterfly (just the photobooks I've created). It is ok, just not as many options.

Facebook is another way to share photos, but it is not my preferred way. You can add restrictions, but they change their rules so often, you have to constantly monitor it.

Minneapolis...
reviews: 97
2. Re: Which photo sharing site?

I use Photobucket - always has worked well for me... Shutterfly for the books...

Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 188
3. Re: Which photo sharing site?

I use Photobucket too if you can stand the Pop ups. Blurb for the books.

I won't let Facebook or any other googlefix near my harddrive.

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 94
4. Re: Which photo sharing site?

Photobucket for me. Quite a bit of free storage space, and you can also make private as many albums as you want, and just share (with password) to the few you wish. Blurb for journal photobooks that have a lot more writing in them, Shutterfly for picture books.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 3
5. Re: Which photo sharing site?

Smugmug is another great site.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 18
6. Re: Which photo sharing site?

I recently used Flickr for my photos,

very easy to use, Blurb for my photo books , very happy with them

Washington DC...
reviews: 9
7. Re: Which photo sharing site?