We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which photo sharing site?

Which Tanzania hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
71 posts
4 reviews
Which photo sharing site?

What site do you recommend for sharing trip pictures? Photobucket, shutterfly, flickr?

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
66 reviews
1. Re: Which photo sharing site?

I prefer Picasa because you can put restrictions on who you share them with. You can create albums, and share some and not others. Or you can share photos with those who have the link. It has a lot of positive features. Picasa is a free download and you get a certain amount of free storage space. Just know, if you share a lot of photos, and want to continue to have enough space, you can resize your photos to smaller sizes. They will upload fine, viewers can see them, and you will save space.

I've also shared via Shutterfly (just the photobooks I've created). It is ok, just not as many options.

Facebook is another way to share photos, but it is not my preferred way. You can add restrictions, but they change their rules so often, you have to constantly monitor it.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,376 posts
105 reviews
2. Re: Which photo sharing site?

I use Photobucket - always has worked well for me... Shutterfly for the books...

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
33,520 posts
242 reviews
3. Re: Which photo sharing site?

I use Photobucket too if you can stand the Pop ups. Blurb for the books.

I won't let Facebook or any other googlefix near my harddrive.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
8,005 posts
108 reviews
4. Re: Which photo sharing site?

Photobucket for me. Quite a bit of free storage space, and you can also make private as many albums as you want, and just share (with password) to the few you wish. Blurb for journal photobooks that have a lot more writing in them, Shutterfly for picture books.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
626 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Which photo sharing site?

Smugmug is another great site.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
322 posts
21 reviews
6. Re: Which photo sharing site?

I recently used Flickr for my photos,

very easy to use, Blurb for my photo books , very happy with them

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
3,023 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: Which photo sharing site?

I use Picasa.

Edited: 6:08 pm, September 26, 2013
Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
576 posts
15 reviews
8. Re: Which photo sharing site?

I use Picasa also.

9. Re: Which photo sharing site?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 28, 2014