We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May-June 2014 "Take 3"

Which Tanzania hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Riding VA
May-June 2014 "Take 3"

Hi,

i have yet another revised itinerary, but i wanted to let you know a couple of things that are driving Lucia's suggestions. First, my husband has a bum knee so long drives over really bumpy roads or long walks wouldn't be good. Second, this is "my" dream - he is happily going along, but i don't want him asleep in the front seat (remember he'd rather be golfing :) ). so long rides aren't good for a second reason.

And third, Ngo is last because for some darned reason i want to stay at Lemala Ngo and they don't open until June. Safari Infinity is assuming the cost for floating into June.

But i do have one specific question as you take another look at my plan. On Day 8 we go from Ndutu to Western Serengeti. Shouldn't we be going to Cent'l and then follow it with West?

i think we've made changes to reflect past comments you were kind enough to give. If I've missed one, please let me know.

Day 1 May 21 Land in Arusha: Visit to local coffee farm, and Maasai Market. i will deliver school supplies to a school that Onsea supports. O/n Onsea House

Day 2 May 22 ANP: canoe ride & ranger guided walk. Visit to orphanage supported by Safari Infinity, delivery of clothes & things (this visit could come on Day 14, depending on time).

day 3 May 23 Arusha to Tarangire: safari driving to Tarangire, afternoon game drive and night game drive. O/N Tarangire Safari Lodge

Day 4 May 24 Tarangire Morning & Afternoon game drive. O/N TSL

Day 5 May 25 Tarangire to Karatu Visit to local school or Mto Wa Mbu on way to Gibb's Farm. O/N Gibbs Farm

Day 6 May 26 Morning tour of Gibb's Farm, morning village walk to visit local farms and markets. Karatu to Nduto O/N Lake Masek Tented Camp

Day 7 May 27 Ndutu O/N Lake Masek

Day 8 May 28 Ndutu to Western Serengeti O/N Mbalageti Safari Lodge (tented chalet)

day 9 May 29 Western O/N MSL

day 10 May 30 west to central O/n Lemala Ewanjan

Day 11 May 31 Central O/N Lemala Ewanjan

Day 12 June 1 central to Ngo Guided walk around Crater O/N (gulp) Lemala Ngo

Day 13 June 2 O/N Lemala Ngo

Day 14 June 3 Back to Arusha, stopping on the way for curio shops and Maasai village O/n Onsea House

Day 15 June 4 Home

Day 10 Western to Central

Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 199
1. Re: May-June 2014 "Take 3"

Thanks for the clarification. I think folks will get the picture now.

Day 8 is fine. Ndutu is 'almost' central Serengeti in character although a bit more wooded.

so it is feasible and sensible to head from Ndutu, via Central to Mbalageti.

coming back you are staying at Central anyway and this cuts the driving to Ngorongoro into a more practical distance.

2. Re: May-June 2014 "Take 3"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 01, 2014