We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safari Operators

Sacramento...
reviews: 6
Safari Operators

My husband and I are planning on a Tanzania safari in October. We plan to focus on the northern game route. Probably we will only be able to do an 7-9 day safari. We are trying to find a good trip at a decent price. We are not super fussy about accommodations, we want good food but really good game viewing and guides. We aren't A&K type spenders. (unfortunately) Does any one have any experience with Tanzania Adventure? Any other recommendations?

Thanks Much,

Toni

Shingle Springs...
1. Re: Safari Operators

Toni T, just got back last Sat. Had the trip of a lifetime. Booked with Africa Travel Resource. Check out there web site for more info. They use MKSC as there ground operator, and Godfrey was our guide. Our first trip there so nothing to compare to but Godfrey was great!! I live just up the hill from you so email your phone # and I'll tell you all about our trip

Dale

dale

Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 188
2. Re: Safari Operators

Standard advice to first posters.

Go to the Top questions column on the right of this page. 5 down is a link to a list of Operators compiled by one of our Destination Experts.

Select 6 names and send your proposed itinerary on Northern circuit to each of them and ask for a quote.

Find three you think will make a good fit with your individual requirements. Wrote back and ask to fine tune, if required, request advice.

Then go with the one whose response you like best.

You may find that dealing in this way cuts out middle men's expenses and saves money but whatever else, you know the people are on hand in Tanzania should you need them and not 5000 miles away in an Office.

Chicago
reviews: 4
3. Re: Safari Operators

I got quotes from 12 operators on the list posted to the right here. The prices came in all over the place. I decided on Shidolya, and had a great trip, but you need to choose the one that you are most comfortable with.

Sacramento...
4. Re: Safari Operators

Hi Dale,

my number is 916-468=9440 Would be great to talk to you.

Thanks,

Toni

Sacramento...
5. Re: Safari Operators

Thanks, I will check them out.

Toni

Sydney
6. Re: Safari Operators

The company oldgolferguy mentions is just another large corporate UK based reseller of African Trips. They dont have a base in Africa, just the UK. Yes they have a comprehensive web site and spend huge amounts of money on Google ads to capture multiple search results at the top of most pages.

If visitors to Tanzania only realised there are so many quality Tanzanian based Safari companies that can provide the same service without the significant mark ups these resellers add on to your trip.

The same applies for Mt Kilimanjaro treks. They also solely subcontract Mt Kilimanjaro treks to another UK owned trekking company based in Arusha.

Edited: 3:04 am, June 29, 2013
Sacramento...
7. Re: Safari Operators

That is great information. Do you have a suggestion for how to proceed in finding a competent and more local company. We would be delighted to save money and support the local firms directly.

Thanks,

Toni

Chicago
reviews: 4
8. Re: Safari Operators

Look at response #2-Mfuwe-find the list of operators at the right. There are many more, but these are at least a starting point to get quotes.

Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 188
9. Re: Safari Operators

It's now at Four down due to reshuffle. but it is still there to be used.

Sacramento...
10. Re: Safari Operators

Thanks so much