We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending money

Which Tanzania hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, England
reviews: 1
Spending money

Hi,

I'm off on safari for a week in a couple of weeks for the first leg of my honeymoon - we have already paid for all accomodation and meals so it's only really drinks - we probably won't drink a lot as it will be early mornings so on average how much do you think I should take per night? I assume I would pay the lodges for drinks with schillings rather than credit card?

Thanks in advance - I know it's a hard one to answer!

Viv

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
reviews: 8
1. Re: Spending money

Viv,

That is a tough question to answer. I would get about $100 - $200 changed into Tanzania Shillings and use that for drinks and personal expenses. It will probably last you for the entire safari. When you get ready to leave exchange it back into your currency before you get on the airplane out.

Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 222
2. Re: Spending money

Viv,

It depends on the standard of Lodge. Some will require payment in US$.

Then do not forget the small tip box and perhaps your driver guide.

Do not overdo it but if earned a tip is appreciated.

Safari njema.

London, England
reviews: 1
3. Re: Spending money

Great - thanks for your help!

4. Re: Spending money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, August 30, 2009