We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer johannesberg to Central Drakensburg

Which South Africa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide Australia
Transfer johannesberg to Central Drakensburg

We are arriving in Jo'berg in July 2008 to commence our 80 day trans-southern Africa adventure. We want to spend 4 days in the Drakensberg after arrival in Jo'berg to rest and recuperate from the 18 hour flight! So happy to just sit and soak up a great view with maybe one or two activities - horse riding, short walks (nothing arduous) cultural etc. We have a good budget.

Our questions

1. what is the best form of transport to the Drakensberg?

2. Any reccomendations for accomodation?

Cheers

Cape Town
reviews: 53
1. Re: Transfer johannesberg to Central Drakensburg

Id say your best form of transport would be a car. You can really fly as there are no major airports in/near the drakensberg. Train and busses are not really an option either. Hire a car at the airport and drive - it will take about 3-4 hours. Thats not very relaxing straight from the airport however, so maybe consider a night in Joburg first?

Edenvale, South...
2. Re: Transfer johannesberg to Central Drakensburg

Hi,

The only transport to the Drakensberg is by car. You could spend the first night in Jo'burg. I'd recommend the Road Lodge group of hotels (www.citylodge.co.za)

Birmingham, UK
3. Re: Transfer johannesberg to Central Drakensburg

I drove from Joburg to Drakensburg a few months ago and i loved it! I went through the Golden Gate, stopped off at Clarens first, then it was only an hour or so drive to Little Switzerland Hotel which was my first stop. Next day i drove to Catherdral Peak, then on to the Midlands Meander. Hope this helps

4. Re: Transfer johannesberg to Central Drakensburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:21 am, August 23, 2009