We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

africa answers travel

Which South Africa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southfield, Michigan
reviews: 79
africa answers travel

has anyone ever traveled with afica answers. They are a part of Down Under Answers. They have a wonderful trip that I was interested in, but can't find much on them during my search.

29 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 5
1. Re: africa answers travel

Yes - just got back from 11days in South Africa on a trip they put together for me. I'd strongly recommend working with them, very professional, responsive and the quality of the service from the local agent in SA was great.

Southfield, Michigan
2. Re: africa answers travel

Thanks for your response. We will be traveling in July with Africa Answers and your reply is reassuring. So far communication has been very good. See that you are a first timer on TA, interesting.

Edited: 12:23 am, March 28, 2012
Morgan Hill...
reviews: 5
3. Re: africa answers travel

We just got back from an 11 day trip put together by Africa Answers and they were great to work with, always answered our questions. In South Africa the local agent we worked with Thompsons was there to meet us every step of the way and always on time and always friendly. The trip far exceeded our expectations and we had a wonderful time. Although no one should spend that much time on an airplane but it is the best way to get there and worthwhile after you are there.

Knoxville, Tennessee
reviews: 13
4. Re: africa answers travel

After traveling with Africa Answers, how would you rate the experience? We are looking at them for a trip later this year/early next year.

Thanks.

Southfield, Michigan
5. Re: africa answers travel

Our travel is not until the first part of July. I will answer after our return. I can only say that the person we have worked with has returned our emails and calls promptly. This was a groupon purchase. If all else goes well, it will be a great value.

Knoxville, Tennessee
reviews: 13
6. Re: africa answers travel

Thank you. We are looking at the groupon as well. Enjoy your trip. Looking forward to hearing how the trip went.

New York City, New...
reviews: 15
7. Re: africa answers travel

Has anyone extended their travel with the Groupon deal? How smooth was the add on?

Southfield, Michigan
8. Re: africa answers travel

It was very easy to add days of travel with the groupon deal. We added a day to our safari and a four day stop over in Dubai. After during research on TA we did not take advantage of the hotel option in Dubai given by AA, the hotel was near the race track which is a little ways out from most of the sights. We opted to use our hotel points for lodging, which ended up being a good thing. AA handled the add on flight stopover in Dubai. We will be in Dubai during Ramadan and the hotel we booked is a suites hotel. The rooms have a kitchenette with refrigerators and microwaves and we are near a mall with a market. We can buy or order food and drinks the night before for consumption during the next day before the Ramadan sundown meal. If you decide to do a stopover in Dubai, be sure to check for holidays and the weather. Most of our activity will be done in the evening because of the hot weather.

New York City, New...
reviews: 15
9. Re: africa answers travel

Did you extend your safari stay in Chobe? and what was the additional charges? We want to extent safari time also.

Southfield, Michigan
10. Re: africa answers travel

No, it is for Thanda Private Game Reserve. Sorry took so long in answering, just saw your question.

Reply to: africa answers travel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted