We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nude Beach in Umhlanga

Which South Africa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Nude Beach in Umhlanga

I am planning to visit Durban and have heard that there is a nude beach in Umhlanga. Has anyone been to this beach and can you please tell me about it?

North Carolilna
reviews: 1
1. Re: Nude Beach in Umhlanga

I have spent a lot of time in this area and never heard of this!

north yorkshire
reviews: 18
2. Re: Nude Beach in Umhlanga

me neither!

Durban South Africa
reviews: 1
3. Re: Nude Beach in Umhlanga

I believe there is/was one at the lagoon at the end of the main road towards Umhloti...not sure how safe it is.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 201
4. Re: Nude Beach in Umhlanga

Hi Cybernaut

From your previous posts on TA, this is obviously a longstanding interest...don't know that the South Africans really go in for this sort of thing though..

Cape Town Central...
reviews: 21
5. Re: Nude Beach in Umhlanga

Cybernaut; I see you are from London.

Therefore you are probably pasty white and no doubt after sending 5 minutes in the African sun will look like a prawn.

I don't suggest you get your tackle out under our rays; you will regret it greatly.

Seriously though, careful. Sometimes these nude beaches are just cruising areas, and your sun burnt tackle may be the least of your worries. Nude beaches here tend to be more seedy in nature (unless this is what you are after) than you would expect in Europe.

London
6. Re: Nude Beach in Umhlanga

Based on the replies, it seems to me that the rumoured nudist beach in Umhlanga appears to be a no-go area frequented only by seedy elements of society if at all.

I must admit to being surprised when I had read that such a beach existed in that part of the world. It is a pity as such beaches are quite common in the Mediteranean with the people being chilled, decent and well behaved.

7. Re: Nude Beach in Umhlanga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:22 pm, October 21, 2009