We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many euros a day would I need around xmas in Seychelles

Which Seychelles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 29
How many euros a day would I need around xmas in Seychelles

Hello

I am visiting Seychelles with my husband for about 10 days, on a budget.

We will be staying in Mahe and then Praslin for about 3 days.

We have flights and accommodation sorted. But was wondering how much to budget for food and travel costs. We are staying in a self catering so breakfast and simple meals can be cooked and ingredients bought from supermarkets.

I was approximating 30 euros on average per day for both of us for meals and other stuff. Is that fair or its too little?

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
reviews: 81
1. Re: How many euros a day would I need around xmas in Seychelles

30 euro is ok for food and drinks but it is not ok for ferry from Mahe to Praslin which is very expensive 180 euro for both of you on return basis.

If you want to visit Valle de Mai or you want to go on trips you have to adjust your budget.

Try to visit La Digue, it is the best in Seychelles. Ferry will cost you 25 euro each, bike 7 euro and the ticket for ASDA 100 scr each.

Victoria, Seychelles
2. Re: How many euros a day would I need around xmas in Seychelles

Hi Shreyashah

Mikiduta is correct. As you are on budget 30 Euro each for food and drinks will be fine however you will need more for taxi and ferry costs. Set aside a seperate budget just for your island hopping itself. I would say put aside at least 300 Euro for tours and ferry tickets.

Hope you have a wonderful stay in the Seychelles.

Seychelles
3. Re: How many euros a day would I need around xmas in Seychelles

30 euro to rent a car

25 euro per person for a meal in a restaurant

15-20 euro per person for lunch

ASDA= Anse Source D'Argent on La Digue ;)

4. Re: How many euros a day would I need around xmas in Seychelles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 29, 2013