We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where is best snorkelling from beach ?

Which Seychelles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Londres
reviews: 14
where is best snorkelling from beach ?

Hi, my husband and I love snorkelling, we spend hours in the water, and have been to Mauritius, red sea, and maldives several times and I wanted to spend a week in the water snorkelling in maldives but with political situation thought we could try Seychelles (or Zanzibar ?) what hotel would you recommend ? or BB ? we also paint so like friendly plaes with good food and and a cosy feeling. with internet and a pool for after snorkelling.

we would be going a week in November.

Londres
reviews: 14
11. Re: where is best snorkelling from beach ?

never tried that beach. I just found a website I had "lost" with the classification of reefs in the maldives, and my husband wants to go to the maldives rather than seychelles simply to try a category 1 reef, so we are thinking of the Angsana hiru which is a category 1 reef rather than risk the seychelles..;

this is the cool website: maldivescomplete.com, a bit complicated and old fashioned but has the most objective and easy to understand info on hotel reefs and snorkellind in the maldives I have found on the internet.

I wish I could find something similar about other reefs in other countries like red sea... all the info is so subjective and impossible to understand where is better. I have been twice to Sharm and 1 to hurghada and preferred Sharm but it is so hard to figure out where is the best reef. I even looked at satellite photos but it is really hard to tell...

Edited: 2:13 pm, October 12, 2012
Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
reviews: 69
12. Re: where is best snorkelling from beach ?

I used maldivescomplete in the past. You can look also to Mirihi which is my favourite in The Maldives. There is also a saying about Mirihi: "After visiting Mirihi you will feel that snorkeling anywhere else in the world is average".

Hoek van Holland...
reviews: 11
13. Re: where is best snorkelling from beach ?

Just came back from the Seychelles and snorkeled at all places that are mentioned by other reviews. We found the best snorkeling at:

Anse Lazio, on the right side of the beach along the rocks. A lot of fish, all kinds, not shy at all, turles, stingrays,etc.

Anse Severe, La Digue - also just like an aquarium. Turlles, rays, humphead parrotfish and many more.

Sister Island - also amazing

Cocoisland - turles, stingrays, white tip reef shark

These places were by far the best while we were there in July.

Seychelles
14. Re: where is best snorkelling from beach ?

Seychelles is renowned for the large variety of tropical fish.

Dublin
reviews: 37
15. Re: where is best snorkelling from beach ?

Just back from Seychelles last week and did a lot of snorkelling from dfferent beaches

Found Anse Royale out at Ile Souris best from beaches though it is a good swim out but you could stop short at the rocks about 100 yards back

Also as above Anse Severe,Anse Lazio,Anse Georgette at rocks on right hand side and even Anse Source D'argent

Lots of fish most of which I do not know but it was absolutely amazing and this was just from the beaches

reviews: 11
16. Re: where is best snorkelling from beach ?

How do these mentioned compare to Bora Bora? Snorkeling there was fantastic.

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
reviews: 69
17. Re: where is best snorkelling from beach ?

Hello Daniel!

If you have snorkeled in Bora Bora then try not to have high expectations from Seychelles snorkeling. Corals are not in such a good shape due to El Nino phenomenon, but underwater fauna remains rich in fish, turtles and whalesharks (WS during plankton season September-October).

Miki

18. Re: where is best snorkelling from beach ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, April 13, 2013
19. Re: where is best snorkelling from beach ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 15, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Seychelles