We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather ? Confused

Which Seychelles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
istanbul
reviews: 11
Weather ? Confused

I read that "it's rainy between October and March"

According to rain statistics May,June,July has the least average rain.

When I check the weather randomly during the year there are seldomly 2 consecutive clear days ?

Like to go anytime between January to April.

Please advise:are these "short" rainfalls ?

We like to be able to swim every day (not dive) + calm sea.

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
reviews: 82
1. Re: Weather ? Confused

Being at the equator it is very difficult to predict weather. Sometimes it can rain more in a month from the dry season comparable to one from the rainy season. You will need a lot of luck to have 5 days in a row in the dry season without rain. Most of the rainy days have few hours of sunshine also so try to not think about the weather and enjoy Paradise.

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
2. Re: Weather ? Confused

Statistically speaking the best month from the ones mentioned by you is April. Less rain, calm seas, good visibility in the water. But you never know...

Maribor, Slovenia
reviews: 2
3. Re: Weather ? Confused

I am also confused go or not to go end of November begining of December. My friend was there in April, some rains but nothing special. But I like to go to Tropic when in Europe is winter. Any suggestion???

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
4. Re: Weather ? Confused

April is the month when changing of the trade winds gives Seychelles much more calm weather and less thunderstorms than December. Rainfall is around 190-200 mm per month.

Definitely it is raining less in Riviera Maya, Dominican Republic or Cuba at the beginning of December than in Seychelles. If you are so afraid of weather I advise you to go to Carribean.

5. Re: Weather ? Confused

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 01, 2013