We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Seychelles itinerary for scuba divers

Which Seychelles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
reviews: 68
A Seychelles itinerary for scuba divers

I've read a lot of the forum posts and done my share of googling, and I have had a bit of trouble finding itinerary information for the Seychelles exclusive for scuba divers (although diving is often mentioned as part of a broader discussion).

I intend to travel next year to South Africa and Botswana. I would like to add 7-10 days in the Seychelles onto a safari itinerary. The main objective will be scuba diving. I live in Hawaii, so while I love sun, beaches and beach towns, I get plenty of that and will not in all likelihood spend a lot of time sitting on the beach.

What I'm looking for is itinerary/destination/hotel advice from people who have gone to the Seychelles on a primarily diving holiday. Let's say you have a week to ten days and for the fun of it, let's say money is no object. Where would you go? Where would you stay? Where would you dive? Convenience is important. I would probably like to limit the itinerary to two desitnations max within the islands as I don't like to move around a lot. The new Four Seasons on Mahe appeals to me, but I don't really know in relation to scuba how well it's located on Mahe, although Mahe in general is supposed to have very good diving, and the island does not appear to be particularly large. Other outer islands seem to be the best option for adventurous, advanced divers. Desroches Island? La Digue? Cousine? I'm leaning towards Cousine as well. I don't need (or even want) shopping, nightlife, etc. Quiet walks, bike rides, and very few people (both on land and on the dive boat) are a priority.

World
reviews: 1
1. Re: A Seychelles itinerary for scuba divers

Hi there.

Mahe, Praslin and La Digue are the three main destinations in Seychelles. Diving also these three islands is easy and nice. I think you can stay on Mahe and Praslin as you want only two destinations ! Mahe is small so wherever you stay it will be easy to travel around. But if you really dont want to travel then stay around Beau Vallon. There are some dive centres there and i'd recommend to dive with Guylly, his dive centre is at La Mare Anglaise.

http://www.bigbluedivers.net/bbdenglish.htm

You can also go dive with the Underwater Centre of the Coral Strand Hotel, right on the famous Beau Vallon beach.

www.seychelles.net/divesey/divesites_a.htm

And if you are staying in town then go to see Kolya in the Angel Fish dive centre in Roche Caiman, its 5 minutes drive from city centre.

http://www.dive-angelfish.com/

Guylly from Big Blue Divers can arrange long range dives, so plan with him he is a very reliable person...

LR

…google.com/reallonerunner/MaheSeychelles#52…

2. Re: A Seychelles itinerary for scuba divers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, October 18, 2009