We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question regarding bringing foods and alcohol

Which Seychelles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, TX
Question regarding bringing foods and alcohol

Hi,

My fiance and I are heading to the Seychelles in a couple of weeks for our honeymoon. I was curious whether anyone knows if there is anything against bringing snack foods and especially alcohol into the country in checked luggage? Another thing to note is we are flying through Dubai. Is anyone aware of any problems with bringing alcohol in our checked luggage through Dubai? Thanks in advance for any responses!

1. Re: Question regarding bringing foods and alcohol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:06 am, July 20, 2010
Torquay, England
reviews: 13
2. Re: Question regarding bringing foods and alcohol

Hi, I notice that you say you can purchase alcohol when you arrive in the Seychelles. Is this on the way through from arrivals? Cant remember this but we arrived about midnight after a delay of over 13 hours and we were not looking to do any shopping! And are the prices reasonable? We were going to grab a couple of bottles duty free at Heathrow (and put a box or two of wine in our suitcases). Also do you know what the local rum is like and how much that costs. Are you restricted to the amount you buy when you arrive in the Seychelles? Is it still 2 litres?

Sorry for so many questions but had not thought about import limits, met a couple in Mauritius who had taken all their wine for the week with them!

Kelowna, Canada
reviews: 20
3. Re: Question regarding bringing foods and alcohol

Hmm I have no idea about what it's like travel through Dubai with alcohol so can't really help you there. But I would advise you to bring snacks and stuff with you definitely when coming into the Seychelles. The economy is not doing too well, the rupee... well the rupee is worth nothing outside the EEZ and almost everything is imported. So invariably there are real problems finding stuff in shops and supermarkets. For example if an import just came in you could find chocolates and a month later none of the shops would have a single chocolate... so my advice is whatever you favorite snacks are, bring them with you. If you smoke bring cigarettes and so on rather than risk not finding them there. Locally beer (Guiness and lager) should be available, generic rums like bacardi maybe but if your taste runs to particular wines definitely bring them with you as you most likely will not find a good selection. Umm and if by local rum you mean the baka kalou - I hope you don't try the stuff - it's mean and unhygienic sometimes.

4. Re: Question regarding bringing foods and alcohol

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:06 am, July 20, 2010
Torquay, England
reviews: 13
5. Re: Question regarding bringing foods and alcohol

Cheers - and I think I will definately give the local rum a miss!

6. Re: Question regarding bringing foods and alcohol

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 6:19 am, September 26, 2009