We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tangier Med Port

Which Tangier hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cirencester, United...
reviews: 3
Tangier Med Port

HI, following a few weeks in Morocco we are planning our last few days of our trip in Seville. Can anyone advise a smooth transit across to Spain and Seville? So far I have seen that all crossings are from Tangier Med. Also that the main bus to Seville departs from Algeciras a few times a day. In order to do the trip comfortably in one day is it advisable to find accommodation In Tangier Med port area rather than trying to get the free bus from Tangier to Med port early in the morning? Are there any other issues I should consider? Sorry feels a bit of a ramble but it may make perfect sense to someone!

12 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 33
1. Re: Tangier Med Port

www.frs.es ferry from Tanger City to Tarifa, then free FRS shuttle bus to Algeciras.

Tangier, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Tangier
reviews: 11
2. Re: Tangier Med Port

There is, as yet, not much accommodation in the Tanger Med port area. You don't say whether you are travelling by public transport or hire car here in Morocco. If you have a hire car that you need to give back in Tangier, then it is best to do as Tim says and take the ferry from Tangier town to Tarifa and then the free bus to Algeciras.

However, there is another way and that is to cross into Ceuta and take the ferry from there. Should you arrive quite late, there are a number of decent hotels in Ceuta. Also the ferry goes directly to Algeciras and there are many ferry departures each day. The only possible disadvantage is having to cross the land border on foot with luggage, but you have to drag luggage on and off ferries and busses, so shouldn't be viewed as that much of a hassle. A Moroccan taxi could take you to the Ceuta border; after crossing the border a Spanish taxi can take you to the ferry terminal or a hotel. Of course, once you arrive in Algeciras port you are not far from the bus station.

Cirencester, United...
3. Re: Tangier Med Port

Hi and thanks. I am in fact taking a hire car back to Tangier so would be great to leave from there. Really useful info as I didn't realise that the ferry still left to tarifa. I think I will take your advice. Many thanks. Phil

Tangier, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Tangier
reviews: 11
4. Re: Tangier Med Port

The ferry to Tarifa leaves only from Tangier town. All the other ferries leave from Tangier Med port. I'm sure you know this, but just reiterating to clarify the situation.

Cirencester, United...
5. Re: Tangier Med Port

Thanks Zohor I did realise and will get free bus across to Algeciras. Many thanks for clarifying. Phil

London, United...
6. Re: Tangier Med Port

You don't happen to know how much a taxi is from Cueta to Tetuoan do you?

Washington DC...
reviews: 5
7. Re: Tangier Med Port

The information regarding travel from Tangier to Tarifa, with the free bus to Algeciras is very pertinent to our pending trip. Does the bus to Algeciras leave directly from the FRS ferry terminal? I've read in other postings that the FRS ferry schedule is sometimes unreliable. Any thoughts on that issue? Thank you.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 33
8. Re: Tangier Med Port

Ask when you buy your ticket then you will get the current information.

Yes, all ferry timetables are aspirations rather than set in stone. In particular NEVER go for the last ferry each night as it sometimes doesn't run.

Manchester
Destination Expert
for Tangier
reviews: 7
9. Re: Tangier Med Port

The bus from Tarifa to Algercias leaves from outside the terminal, normally waits for all footpassengers to leave the terminal before departing, and is normally waiting as the ferry arrives.

Washington DC...
reviews: 5
10. Re: Tangier Med Port

Thanks very much both Tangiergiirl and Tim. Very helpful to have insights from those who have "been there, done that..."

Reply to: Tangier Med Port
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted