We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry Train Connection

Which Tangier hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Regina, Canada
reviews: 7
Ferry Train Connection

Hello TA friends.

If I were to book a ferry from Algeciras to Tanger Med and arrived at Tanger Med at 10:30 a.m. would that give me enough time to get to the train by 11:30? Do these ferry's often run late?

Thanks,

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 36
1. Re: Ferry Train Connection

Tanger Med is nowhere near Tanger, see map on post #5 at morocco-knowledgebase.net/forum/…

Best solution is to take the Tarifa to Tanger Ville ferry, lots of posts on here about it. Website for ferry at www.frs.es Free transit bus from Algeciras to Tarifa if needed.

2. Re: Ferry Train Connection

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:30 pm, January 19, 2013
Regina, Canada
reviews: 7
3. Re: Ferry Train Connection

Wait a minute. I had initially wrote "Dang, I have been doing so much research on this that I got completely confused. I was convinced that Tanger Med was the port into Tangier. Back to the drawing board." Then did more research and I was right in the first place. There is a shuttle bus from Tangier Med to Tangier, it's just further than I thought. I think that when advising people it would be best to provide information instead of just personal comments. I almost changed all my hotel bookings because of this comment. The question was is 1 hour enough time to get from Tangier med to Tangiers, and from what I can tell, the answer is "no".

4. Re: Ferry Train Connection

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 21, 2014