We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Tangiers to Fez

Which Tangier hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, DC
reviews: 2
Getting from Tangiers to Fez

My wife and I are planning to take a ferry to Tangiers and a train down to Fez. Each of us will have a couple of pieces of pull-type luggage. Will this be a problem coming through customs?

I understand I need to get local currency right away and that there are ATMs right there at the dock. Are they easy to find? Is there anything I should know?

Is the train station a short walk or do I need a petite taxi? Do I negotiate the cost of the taxi ride with the driver? What should the cost be?

Do I need a guide (official, unofficial, student) to help me with this? What would I need to pay the guide if he helps me find the ATM and gets me a taxi? Do I need him to come with me to the train station and help me buy the tickets? (I have no language skills except English) I don't mind paying for the help and want to make sure I am offering the right amount of compensation.

Is there anything else I need to know and have not thought to ask about?

Birmingham uk
1. Re: Getting from Tangiers to Fez

hi

i think you dont need any guide to take you a taxi or to buy you tickets. Most of people speak english and frensh and they are very helpful.

For the taxi make sure the metter is working before you leave to any destination because some of the taxi drivers are not honest. Dont trust the fauls guide who are not licensed from theb tourism services. If you see anything wrong you can report to the police. They are very helpful and they respect the tourists.

happy to help

Birmingham uk
2. Re: Getting from Tangiers to Fez

Hi

i forgot to tell you about something. Most of the people rent their houses, villas, and flats...keep in touch...will sort it for you

Morocco
3. Re: Getting from Tangiers to Fez

Hi

Please don't hesitate to contact should you need information .

Im a Brit living in Morocco for 11 years.

Dont worry i am sure you will be fine .

Luggage will be no problem . You should see how they load the cars. it's a wonder the axles don't snap

You will need a petit taxi to the railway station [ Gare ]. Its about 5 minutes drive from the port gates . Ask the driver to take you to the

Wafa Bank or b,m,c,e Bank , He will understand there all over the place , There's one on every street corner .

For info e mail brits_in_morocco@yahoo.com

Regards

Fox

Portland
4. Re: Getting from Tangiers to Fez

For the "Brit" living in Morocco:

Do you know of any good cheap flights? We only have a few days at the end of our trip to Spain and would like to get down to Marrakech. It seems too much to take an overnight train with so little time. Also what are any best sees you would suggest in Morocco if any??

Morocco
5. Re: Getting from Tangiers to Fez

Hi Shann 52

If you don't fancy the overnight train ,What about a car and driver who could show you around on the way down via , Rabat , Mohammedia , Casablanca -- Marrakech.

Otherwise a flight from Tangiers to Marrakech or even Fly from Malaga in Spain direct to Casablanca Airport . With Royal air maroc or Regional airlines .

brits_in_morocco@yahoo.com

London,UK
reviews: 3
6. Re: Getting from Tangiers to Fez

For the Brit in Morrocco;

We will be travelling around Morocco in August for 2 weeks( 2 adults,2 teenagers). We start in Marrakech for 3 days , move on to Essaouira by Grand taxi for 2 days and are then planning to drive up the coast to pick up a train from Casablanca to Tangiers.

We should be in Tangiers on day 9 of a 13 day trip.

Where between Essaouira and Tangiers should we break our journey, given the fact that we have 2 15 year olds who like the beach and that we would like to look around for a piece of land to buy on a beach ???

USA, Chicago
7. Re: Getting from Tangiers to Fez

My Husband and I are planning to take the same trip you did take the ferry to Tangier then go to Fez. Do you have any recommendations?

NJ
8. Re: Getting from Tangiers to Fez

Hello, can anyone help, we have 3 days and wanted to get a taste of Fez, we would be taking a ferry from Gibraltar, to Tangiers, from there we are lost as to what would be a best route, would you recommend taking a Taxi to fez, or is the Train better? would you stay a night in Tangiers or go directly to Fez. and do we have enough time 3 days?

Thanks

Jerez de la Frontera
Destination Expert
for Fes
reviews: 6
9. Re: Getting from Tangiers to Fez

It may be a bit rushed for some people's taste but you could do a three day trip to Fes and back up to Spain and have it be worthwhile. The trains are decent and reliable, you simply need to get to Tangier Ville Station from the Port, where there are trains every two hours or so. Also, double check your ferry from Gibraltar as my understanding is that ferries from there are infrequent, Algeciras is a better choice.

10. Re: Getting from Tangiers to Fez

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:07 pm, September 24, 2006