We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any update on transportation from Tanger Med to Tanger Ville

Which Tangier hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
reviews: 212
Any update on transportation from Tanger Med to Tanger Ville

Hi experts

I have been watching the exchanges about ferry transport between Algeciras and Tanger Med with interest. As we are about to undertake this trip I have also been looking up the ONCF timetable and note that it is a bus service - Supratours - between Med and Ville, which seems to be very infrequent! Does anyone know yet if there is another shuttle service available, or how much a taxi ride (metered) would be?

As things stand we arrive in Tanger Med at 10 am and there doesn't seem to be a Supratours bus until after 1 pm!!

29 replies to this topic
Sydney
1. Re: Any update on transportation from Tanger Med to Tanger Ville

Now that we've done it I'd like to put on record that it's very straightforward. There is a free shuttle bus service for holders of ferry tickets. What happened was that we all got on an airport style bus on disembarking from the FRS ferry at Tanger Med, and were taken a short distance to the Gare Maritime at Tanger Med where we went through a very cursory customs screening process prior to getting onto the bus that took us the 50 kms to the old port of TangerVille. This took about 45 minutes all up. There is a shuttle to connect with all ferries into and out of Tanger Med. It was all very organised!

Tangier, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Tangier
reviews: 11
2. Re: Any update on transportation from Tanger Med to Tanger Ville

Thank you SydneyTeviot. There's nothing like getting it direct from the horse's mouth, as we say. I was not sure, so I could not reply before. I sometimes pass the Tanger Med port, and I see now a large contingent of buses which are obviously taking people into Tanger town. Did they charge you for the bus, or is it free?

I am told a taxi from the Tanger Med port to town would probably cost around 200 dirhams.

Sydney
3. Re: Any update on transportation from Tanger Med to Tanger Ville

Hello Zohor

The shuttle bus is entirely free so long as you can show your ferry ticket(s). It really couldn't be easier - but you have to allow about an extra hour for the whole process.

Thanks to all you destination experts. You do a fantastic job. I use Trip Advisor all the time - as an independent traveller it is absolutely "the best".

Best regards

SydneyTeviot

4. Re: Any update on transportation from Tanger Med to Tanger Ville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, January 09, 2011

Melbourne
reviews: 31
5. Re: Any update on transportation from Tanger Med to Tanger Ville

Hi Fellow Travellers,

I am about to do the same trip, but are catching the night train up from Marrekech.

If buses are coming from Tanger Med to Ville, I am assuming that they go the other way (from Viille to Med). Can anyone confirm? If this is the case, can we purchase our ferry ticket for Tanger Med at Tanger Ville?

I understand you need a valid ferry ticket for the bus, or is it best to purchase online?

Tangier, Morocco
6. Re: Any update on transportation from Tanger Med to Tanger Ville

Yes, Buses go from Tanger Ville to Tanger Med. And you can purchase your ticket from Either Tanger Ville or Tanger Med ( You can show your passport in order to have an access to the free bus pickup).

Have a nice trip!

Melbourne
reviews: 31
7. Re: Any update on transportation from Tanger Med to Tanger Ville

Thanks for the confirmation!

Rotterdam, The...
8. Re: Any update on transportation from Tanger Med to Tanger Ville

Hi!

Do you know if there is a train service between Tanger Med and the Tanger Ville Train Station?

Thanks for answering!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
reviews: 193
9. Re: Any update on transportation from Tanger Med to Tanger Ville

I know that when the new port was opened for passengers last year the alternative method to get into Tanger Ville rail station was to use some kind of bus service between the port and Gare Ksar Sghir station which is not very far away. I also think that the rail network is being improved and that the line is to be opened between the Tanger-Med port and Tanger Ville BUT I have no idea when !

Let us hope that some kind local expert can shed some light.

Edited: 4:30 am, July 07, 2011
Bergen, Norway
reviews: 12
10. Re: Any update on transportation from Tanger Med to Tanger Ville

Does anyone know if the free shuttle service is for ALL ferry companies, or just FRS?

Reply to: Any update on transportation from Tanger Med to Tanger Ville
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted