We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice & Suggestions for my 10 days in Marrakesh

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Advice & Suggestions for my 10 days in Marrakesh

Hi everyone, I'm looking for any good advice, places not to miss, things to buy, people to meet, great restaurant,. I'll be in Marrakesh april 7th - 17 th. I already have my hotel and planning a day trip in the Atlas and some serious golf; otherwise i'm up for your suggestions !!!

1. Re: Advice & Suggestions for my 10 days in Marrakesh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:26 pm, October 02, 2006
UK
reviews: 2
2. Re: Advice & Suggestions for my 10 days in Marrakesh

Hi

Try to get off the beaten track as far as possible when in the city. You see much more of the real lifestyle then. Also the Ourika valley is beautiful at this time of year, and the waterfalls are worth the climb.

The Majorelle gardens are very photogenic.

The central artisanal collective has great goods at good prices. The prices are fixed, so good if you want a rest from haggling.

Eat tagine with your fingers and bread.

Cafe de France has a good view over the Djemma el Fna, and it's nice to watch the sun setting from the 4th floor terrace.

Don't buy fruit and nuts on the square - the prices are way higher than in the smaller side streets.

Talk to the herbalists as well as other stall holders - their herbal remedies have worked for me a number of times.

Try to take a hammam - the massage is an experience.

Have a fantastic time.

London, England
3. Re: Advice & Suggestions for my 10 days in Marrakesh

A great overnight trip (or even 2 night trip) is to go and stay in a Kasbah in the Atlas mountains. We just got back from Marrakesh and we stayed in a great Kasbah called Kasbah de Toubkal. It was an amazing place up in the mountains. Great staff and a really relaxing and peaceful experience in the Atlas mountains. From there you can take great day hikes through the mountains and valleys. They can organize a guilde for you to do hiking, go on a camel or mule trek. The scenery is amazing, they offer great meals and the facilities are beautiful as it is a restored Kasbah. Worth a few days outside of Marrakech.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 12
4. Re: Advice & Suggestions for my 10 days in Marrakesh

Travel out of the city. If you go to Essaouira you may wish to stay overnight otherwise you will not see much. I recently stayed in Tangier for 2 days then went on to Marrakech for 3 days, it was about right.

In Marrakech you can visit the Bahia Palace, Jardin de Majorelle (quite small, you cannot go into the house, too many palm trees and bamboo plants, over in 25 minutes), Koutoubia Mosque (you are not allowed entry), museum of Marrakech, Menara gardens, El Mamounia (world famous 5* hotel where you will probably only be able to afford a cup of coffee).

The souks are a must, I like to buy the small wooden boxes (which incidentally are better quality in Agadir) for which I pay no more than 35 - 40 Dirhams.

I'm not sure where you are staying but the Arab hotels are a lot cheaper than the tourist hotels. I stayed at the Tazi where I was offered a horrible single room at the front where all the noise from the foyer and street was heard. I politely complained and was offerd a double room at the back where the rooms overlook a quiet road used only for night-time parking so didn't need ear plugs. There was no increase in the room rate of 290 Dirhams (��18) per night.

Any questions ask me - jklejna@aol.com