We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
Currency

Can anyone help?

I have been advised that US Dollarsis the preferred currency in Morocco. Is that right?

Are cash machines available and preferable to money exchange offices.

Plastic or Dollars/Pounds?

Jerez de la Frontera
Destination Expert
for Fes
reviews: 6
1. Re: Currency

I would disagree. I think that its still largely held that US dollars are easier to counterfeit...you may notice this if you try to change dollars at the bank- the slightest blemish or writing on the bill will usually cause the teller to reject the note. With the proximity of Europe and a stronger Euro, euros are really the way to go...its also easier to make approximations of prices from dhs to euros (100 dirhams is roughly 10 euro).

Plenty of cash machines all over the country, just don't take out too much towards the end of your stay as its a hassle to change back to a foreign currency....

2. Re: Currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, August 21, 2009