We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advise for two girls travelling on their own?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Advise for two girls travelling on their own?

Hi, my best friend and I are thinking of being abit adventurous and would like to see Marrakech as we heard it really interesting place. We are only staying about 4 nights in February 07- anyone have any suggestions on where we can stay and visit in such a short time? we like cultural activity, shopping is a must and love the food.

Also I'd like to know about whether its safe for two girls to go on their own and what the weather would be like - hopefully warmer than london.

Thanks in advance

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 8
1. Re: Advise for two girls travelling on their own?

the weather will be definitely warmer in February in Marrakech than in England . For accommodation it really boils down to your budget. I'd recommend staying at a riad because it's more intimate and cosy. Just google search for your ideal riad. Prices range from 60 to 300 euros. As for food you, can eat at Jemaa Elfna square stalls, which is cheap or try any one of the good restaurants( yacout, dar marjana; Elfassia) usually expensive (50 to 70 euros)

You can also try to learn to cook Moroccan at la maison arabe cookery school . And when you've had enbough of shopping make a one day trip either to the Atlas mountain or Essaouira

should you need further help feel free to ask

cheers

thonon les bains
2. Re: Advise for two girls travelling on their own?

I suggest you a riad like the riad Taylor. You will find there comfort, hospitality and all the councils for the shoping, the relaxation and the night show...

Bye

3. Re: Advise for two girls travelling on their own?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:58 am, December 26, 2006
Merzouga
4. Re: Advise for two girls travelling on their own?

Hello Friends !!

as u know that we orijinally from MERZOUGA ( the desert of morocco ) studying in marrakech ( english litterature) , we would like to practice british language with ya!!!

As it's too safe for u getting right here , if its possible to know you in person and exchange our cultural behaviors and so on ... i and a friend of mine , both of us studying in Marrkeck atually !!

best regards , good luck .

5. Re: Advise for two girls travelling on their own?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, August 21, 2009