We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

deposit

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oxford, United...
deposit

I have to pay a deposit through a swiss bank account, is this ok, and does anyone know how i go about doing it?

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 6
1. Re: deposit

are you paying a deposit for accommodation? Which raid is asking for this?

Normally a riad would ask for credit cards details and acording to their booking policy may charge 25 per cent on the global amount? I'd be more careful if I were you to check before making any deposit

cheers

Oxford, United...
2. Re: deposit

It is for Riad Dar Tamlil for one nights accomodation, what do you think i should do

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
3. Re: deposit

It's really cheap compared to other riads in Marrakech and alos close to jemaa Elfna square

As for payment, wouldn't it be easy just to send them a money order and keep a confiramtion receipt?

Oxford, United...
4. Re: deposit

I will do that thanks for your help

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
5. Re: deposit

my pleasure. keep in touch and safe travel to Marrakech

cheers

LONDON
6. Re: deposit

HI i've paid a deposit of 120 euros to Riad Dar Salaam do you know anything of this Riad? I paid it by switch into a bank account of the owner - is this normal practice? I have verbal reassurance accomodation is booked. Should I be worried?

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
7. Re: deposit

The norm is to pay by credit ard or money order . But some riads are owned by foreigners who don't live in Marrakech. It's a form of tax evasion because the money is not injected in the local economy. As long as you have a booking confirmation, you shouldn't really worry

cheers

NEW YORK
8. Re: deposit

I stayed at Dar Tamlil in November and I did not require a deposit. I paid in cash upon my arrival. I obviously paid for the 3 nights I stayed for in advance.

The following is copied and pasted form their reservation confirmation:

“It's not necessary to pay a deposit. You can pay on the spot at the stay”

Who are you communicating with? I e-mailed with Khadija at info@dartamlil.com

I do recommend the Riad, it is small but very charming. The staff was very nice although they didn’t speak English, we communicate with them fine in sign language.

It was very inexpensive…..the cheapest one I found and breakfast was great also. Great location; two block from the square.

Good Luck

Oxford, United...
9. Re: deposit

I have managed to send a cheque for ones night stay, not sure why we have to then, but it was the last room available. Glad it is nice, my mum will be pleased that you said it was charming and that the hosts were also nice. If you can give me any other tips, would be grateful

NEW YORK
10. Re: deposit

Here is a link to my post after I came back from Marrakech.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293734-i9196-k889…

Take a look at it and let me know if you have more questions.

Enjoy!!